× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-12x12f port aggregation with IP routing

joeyang
Aspirant

M4300-12x12f port aggregation with IP routing

Hello All,

Recently I have setup a network for my client with our storage solution. I have 2 M4300 12x12F stacked together. Currently i have 2 ports, one from unit 1 one from unit 2, connected to 2 Cisco N7K with static ip routing via OSPF. Is it possible for me to create a bond or LAG with the 2 ports?

Port 1 on Unit 1 - connected to N7K unit 1

Static IP 10.xxx.xxx.xxx OSPF connection point to point

Port 2 on unit 2 - connected to N7K unit 2

Static IP 10.xxx.xxx.xxx OSPF connection point to point

Also is it possible to create a LAG of 2 ports or more but only assign single IP address to the LAG? Cisco Engineer told me that they can create a port channel with 2 ports and assign a IP to the portchannel. I tried to do the same on the M4300 12X-12F but I don't seem to be able to find away to do so.

Thanks

Model: XSM4324S|M4300-12X12F - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: M4300-12x12f port aggregation with IP routing

Hi @joeyang 

Welcome to Community!

Is your 2 Cisco N7K stacking? If so, you can create LAG with the 2 ports. If not, only one side(M4300) is stacking, then the LAG will not work if you bind the 2 ports to one LAG.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

EricZ

Message 2 of 3
joeyang
Aspirant

Re: M4300-12x12f port aggregation with IP routing

Hello Ericz,

Thank you for your reply. I am not so sure if they are stacked. I will have to confirm with them. Cisco team informed me that they can create a port channel with 2 ports and assign it with a IP address to communicate with our switch but I can't seem to do so on the Netgear. I can only assign IP address to single port. We have layer 3 network setup between Cisco and Netgear now. 

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements