× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-52G-PoE U-Boot loop

Clayson
Follower

M4300-52G-PoE U-Boot loop

Hello everyone,

I recently updated the firmware on my Netgear M4300-52G-PoE switch tp 1.0.0.16, and since then, it has been stuck in a boot loop. The message displayed in the CLI is:

"U-Boot 2012.10-00260-g0307e2c58d (Mar 16 2022 - 14:28:03)VerNo=1.0.0.16".

I have searched extensively for solutions, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any information on how to factory reset the switch or upload a new image in its current state.

I have tried rebooting multiple times, but the switch continues to be stuck in the boot process.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on how to resolve this issue and get my switch back up and running. Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
pacificcloud
Guide

Re: M4300-52G-PoE U-Boot loop

Yes -- that is what happens to these switches ALL THE TIME.

We have a customer with 14 of these PoE units, and over the last 6 years we have replaced at least 4 or 5 of them.

I don't know what causes it. Neither does NETGEAR support as far as we can see. They just randomly decide to not survive a firmware upgrade.

If you've already tried the 30-30-30 second reset procedure and still cannot get it to boot then there is no fix. Raise a case with support and have the unit replaced under the lifetime warranty. Be prepared to get stuffed around for a week or two as they will be asking you to perform all the above again and send them the proof.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
pacificcloud
Guide

Re: M4300-52G-PoE U-Boot loop

Yes -- that is what happens to these switches ALL THE TIME.

We have a customer with 14 of these PoE units, and over the last 6 years we have replaced at least 4 or 5 of them.

I don't know what causes it. Neither does NETGEAR support as far as we can see. They just randomly decide to not survive a firmware upgrade.

If you've already tried the 30-30-30 second reset procedure and still cannot get it to boot then there is no fix. Raise a case with support and have the unit replaced under the lifetime warranty. Be prepared to get stuffed around for a week or two as they will be asking you to perform all the above again and send them the proof.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements