× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 Hard reset to Factory Defaults

MarkusKern
Tutor

M4300 Hard reset to Factory Defaults

We bought a bunch of switches M4300-28G-PoE+. One of them does not connect to the DHCP server on its network side even its set to DHCP client. To overcome the problem I applied a soft reset through the web interface (OOB port).This did not solve the issue and I have the impression that the system returned to my earlier settings after the second reboot. Is there any hard reset to the factory defaults possible? There is only a reset opening at the front of the switch but no indication to an opening for setting to the factory defaults.

Thanks for your help

Markus

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300 Hard reset to Factory Defaults

@MarkusKern,

You're welcome. 🙂 I'm glad to know that you have figured it out and  the problem is now solved. 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Happy Holidays! 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MarkusKern,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly access the web-GUI of the M4300-28G-PoE+ then go to Maintenance > Reset > Factory Default.  Check the box then click the Apply button.  Click Yes on the confirmation pop-up window.

Read pages 653-654 of the M4300 user manual here as reference.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
MarkusKern
Tutor

Hi DanA

Thanks for your hint. I already applied a soft reset. This did not solve my issue. For that reason I'm wondering if there is a possibility of a hard reset which acts at a deeper level.

I have no explanation for the behavior of the switch. It does not get an IP address on its network side. To be able to apply configuration modifications remotely I need to access it in the network segment its located. Only one out of a delivery of 14 switches shows this behavior.

Kind regards,

MarkusKern

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MarkusKern,

Let me share this article.  Kindly read the instructions carefully before proceeding.  

Let us know the results. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
MarkusKern
Tutor

HI DaneA

Thanks for your link. I was also familiar with this link but was unable to open a terminal session. Frankly I have no clue on how to do this with a USB interface. Nevertheless the problem is solved. It was somehow a misalignment of the DHCP server. The switch received a IP address which was already been used and therefore was not able to get a valid IP address. This morning its behavior was correct an it received a free IP address.

Thanks for you help.

MarkusKern

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MarkusKern,

You're welcome. 🙂 I'm glad to know that you have figured it out and  the problem is now solved. 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Happy Holidays! 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements