× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M7300-24XF all port lights flashing in sequence

Garryc
Aspirant

M7300-24XF all port lights flashing in sequence

Hi guys,

We have several of these switches in a stack and all port lights are flashing on and off in sequence with even timing. I'm relatively new to this company and am not familiar with this model of switch, but I would swear this is some kind of storm. Can anyone confirm if this kind of port LED pulsing on and off in a steady rhythm is normal for that model, I think not?

Thanks,

Garry

Model: M7300-24XF (XSM7224S)|ProSAFE 24-port |10 Gigabit Stackable L2+ Managed Switch
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M7300-24XF all port lights flashing in sequence

Hi Garryc,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are there any recent changes made within the existing network setup or within the settings of the M7300-24XF switch stack?

b. Did the M7300-24XF switch stack stopped working since all port lights are flashing on and off in sequence? 

c. What is the current firmware version of the M7300-24XF switch stack?

d. How is everything connected?  It would be best if you could post a diagram of your detailed network setup.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Garryc,

I just want to follow-up on this.   We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Garryc
Aspirant

Hi Dane, at this stage we are still investigating the issue. Not 100% but it looks as though we may have a loop from/to one of the other switches on our Campus. Will provide further updates once we know more.

Thanks,

Garry.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Garryc,

I just want to follow-up on this again.   Were you able to further investigate the problem?  Was there a loop on the switches within the campus?  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements