× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Managed Switch (GS116Ev2) losing connections to internet and LAN devices on virgin Superhub 3

Boogerman01
Follower

Managed Switch (GS116Ev2) losing connections to internet and LAN devices on virgin Superhub 3

I have connected a Netgear Managed Switch (GS116Ev2) to my superhub 3 and connected several devices to the switch.  I can access the switch GUI and the connected devices all work perfectly.  

After a period of time, I can no longer access the switch GUI via the IP address that previously worked, and none of the devices have internet access.

I have set the switch to disable DHCP so that I can access this via the default IP address.  I've also gone into the superhub GUI and set the IP address to fixed for the MAC address of the switch.  All works fine when I reboot everything but then stops working after period of time where I can't access the devices attached to the switch on the LAN nor do those devices have internet access.

All the lights are flashing on the switch ports.  I've just plugged a laptop into it via ethernet cable and its showing the ip as 169.254.x.x.

any ideas?

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements