× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe M4300 shows "> symbol for all IP addresses and route "disabled"

jaguasanta
Aspirant

Prosafe M4300 shows "> symbol for all IP addresses and route "disabled"

Hello,

I have ran into an interesting behavior that i have not seen in the past. I have been remotely connected to an M4300 Netgear switch through the service port and configured it for 4 total vlans (including the default vlan 1). One other vlan intended to have a layer 3 IP address. All looks ok if im logged into the switch from the service port however when i connect to the switch from the other vlan, the view of the gui shows the following "> symbol for all IP addresses and shows the routes as "disabled". Any insight on what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated. I have added a few screenshots for reference.

Model: GSM4352S|M4300-52G - Stackable Managed Switch with 48x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jaguasanta
Aspirant

Re: Prosafe M4300 shows "> symbol for all IP addresses and route "disabled"

Hello @JohnC_V ,

The current firmware of the switch is running is 12.0.6.7. I will attempt to upgrade the switch later on today and will follow up from there. Thank you for the insight.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
jaguasanta
Aspirant

Attached is a screenshot of the phone icon that appears in the main screen

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@jaguasanta,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Thanks for the attachment. It seems that these symbols might actually be an error from the firmware itself. May I know if the switch is running on the latest firmware? If not, please do upgrade the firmware to its latest version and we will see it from there.

Another thing is that you can only access the GUI of the switch if you are on the same VLAN of the management interface unless you enabled routing to VLAN 1.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
jaguasanta
Aspirant

Hello @JohnC_V ,

The current firmware of the switch is running is 12.0.6.7. I will attempt to upgrade the switch later on today and will follow up from there. Thank you for the insight.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements