× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about redundant m4300-24x24f

bnjroos
Aspirant

Question about redundant m4300-24x24f

Good morning,

I am kinda novice in networking and I am struggling into finding the correct material for a drawing I've been sent. Basically I was just sent the following drawing with no more info for establishing our new building network. I've been digging in the forum and the M4300 documentation but wasn't able to find the correct answer as every configuration is different.

30 floors, switches on every two floors are like paired through a link and each of them is linked to one of the redundant core switches.

lan-network.png

Here are my questions:

• As redundant Core layer i was thinking of 2 M4300-24x24f, is it the right choice ?
  • Is that kind network architecture a good practice ? If not what should be done ?
  • For the floor switches we would need no more than 8 ports for various appliances, in order to allow such links and avoid network switch loop, are L3 switches necessary or just L2 switches with LACP capabilities ? Maybe an idea would be to stack the pairs, knowing that both switches will be physically separated by one floor would it be an issue ?

Thank you in advance,

Benjamin

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Question about redundant m4300-24x24f

Hi bnjroos,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I believe the M4300-24x24f is a good choice on setting it as a redundant core layer.  Let me share this forum thread and this might give you a better understanding about it.  The forum thread talks about the M4300-12X12F, however, its possible to implement it to the M4300-24x24f.

About the proposed network setup, I believe it is possible to implement since the connection from the floor switches going to the core layer switches will be fiber connection.

For the floor switches, I suggest you the GS110TP because it has SFP ports for fiber connection.  Kindly check its data sheet here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bnjroos,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I believe the M4300-24x24f is a good choice on setting it as a redundant core layer.  Let me share this forum thread and this might give you a better understanding about it.  The forum thread talks about the M4300-12X12F, however, its possible to implement it to the M4300-24x24f.

About the proposed network setup, I believe it is possible to implement since the connection from the floor switches going to the core layer switches will be fiber connection.

For the floor switches, I suggest you the GS110TP because it has SFP ports for fiber connection.  Kindly check its data sheet here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@bnjroos,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have questions.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements