× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

issues with STP / VLANs on GS724TPv2 ProSAFE

RickSanchez
Aspirant

issues with STP / VLANs on GS724TPv2 ProSAFE

Hi,

we currently have a network consisting of two Fortigate 100E devices running in a cluster, several Unifi Edgemax Fiber switches that act as kind of coreswitches and several Zyxel switches that connect to the office devices. The network topology is fully meshed with Spanning Tree enabled for redundancy.

Now I'm trying to introduce some Netgear Prosafe switches into that existing and working setup. I got it working so far, that i can access the whole network and all VLANs through the Netgear switches as long as the links are not connected redundantly. As soon as I plug in the second cable in order to redundantly connect the Netgear switch to the rest of the network, it stops working for all VLANs except for VLAN 1. What could be the underlying issue here? 

Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: issues with STP / VLANs on GS724TPv2 ProSAFE

Hi RickSanchez,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking, only VLAN 1 passes through without any issues. Please make sure that you enabled STP on the NETGEAR switches. Go to Switching > STP > Basic > STP Configuration. In order for us to assist you better with the issue, kindly provide us additional information. I have summarized my questions below:

• May I know how did you setup the other VLANs on the NETGEAR switch?
  • What are the devices connected to it? 
  • Are they VLAN aware devices?
  • How many switches do you have on your network?

I'm looking forward to your reply. You may also open a case / chat on NETGEAR support as it seems that this are new units and it's still under warranty. I suggest you to take advantage of the 90-days free support over the phone.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
RickSanchez
Aspirant

Re: issues with STP / VLANs on GS724TPv2 ProSAFE

Hi,

as a matter of course, STP has also been enabled on the Netgear devices before they were connected to the other devices. The mode is set to MSTP.

We currently have:
- 3* Netgear Prosafe GS724TPv2

- 8* Zyxel GS1920

- 6 * Unifi Edgeswitches 12F

The switches are configured with VLAN IDs 1, 2 + 4 and connect through corresponding trunk ports.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements