Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Auto crop for orientation canvas 2

jlacasci
Initiate

Auto crop for orientation canvas 2

I am interested in purchasing the 16x24 canvas II.  I will not use the frame for art but for my own photographs.  I intend to upload a playlist of both portrait and landscape images. If I mount the frame on the wall in landscape orientation, can the product display a portrait-oriented image by automatically cropping the sides of the image to fit?  I don't want the product not to display portrait-oriented images because the frame is mounted in landscape orientation, and I do not intend to rotate the frame.

I've been told conflicting information by the Concierge live chat.

Thanks,
Joe

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Auto crop for orientation canvas 2

There's not a "yes/No" answer. 

I have mine set to orientation match so it only displays photos that are in the proper orientation. 

You can disable that so photos do fill but you'll have the black bars on it. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060763/How-do-vertical-images-display-in-horizontal-orientation-on-my-Meur...

but there's also a "fill mode" where photos that don't match the orientation can be displayed. and how you want the edges displayed.

Not sure if that was helpful or not. I attached a photo of what fill mode is on mine. 

Message 2 of 4
jlacasci
Initiate

Thank you, that is helpful.  I ordered the larger of the two canvas II products.  It should be arriving tomorrow.

Joe

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Hope it works well for you!

I mainly just use mine for photo displays as the wife likes the ease of adding photos to the playlist. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays