Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: MC315 color space

nicotrex
Aspirant

MC315 color space

Hello

I recently purchased a MC315 as a second Meural frame (first is a MC321), but when I display my pictures on it everything is clearly less vivid, more like a desaturated version of the same picture on my other Meural. Is this the specification of the smaller frame that is not covering the full sRGB space or something like that or is there any means to get good colors on this frame (when I say good color, I talk about those I have on my other Meural, which are the same as those on my calibrated display on my computer, which also matches the color I get in the Meural app on my phone)

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello nicotrex,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

The photo and video format specifications between your MC321 and your MC315 are the same.  

Please ensure that your display settings are adjusted on your MC315 for the best photo quality. 

For photo and video format specifications please navigate to the link below:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060767/Which-image-and-video-formats-does-the-Meural-support?language=en_U...

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
nicotrex
Aspirant

Hello KevinLT and thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue,

The picture that are shown on the MC315 frame are exactly the same as the one I displayed on the MC321. Both are uploaded on the frame through the Meural app (paid subscription). The color difference also applies to the membership content. this is more visible on hightly saturated pictures. I attached a picture of both frame side by side (with the same lighting settings) and it is easy to see that the reds and greens are less vivid on the MC315 frame on the left.

Regards

Message 3 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello nicotrex,

Thank you for your response elaborating on this issue!

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
nicotrex
Aspirant

Hello,

To close the loop on this thread. After investigation by netgear support, it seems that the display specification is not the same on MC315 than the one of the bigger frames from Meural, hence the duller colors (see attached picture with vivid reds and greens).

There is nothing that can be done about this, so if you like colorful pictures, I would advise to go for the other Meural frames rather than the small one (of course, if you're into black and white, MC315 is more than OK...).

Regards

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays