Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor Subscription for old router billed to my card...

PumpkinPatch
Aspirant

Armor Subscription for old router billed to my card...

In May 2023, I renewed the Armor subscription for my Orbi router. In September 2023, I purchased a  Nighthawk RS700 router that came with a year of Armor coverage. During a sale last November, I purchased an additional year of Armor coverage for my new router. I later called and transferred the remaining days on my old Armor subscription for the now inactive Orbi router to my Nighthawk router and have 652 days of coverage on the new router.

About a month ago, I received an email stating the subscription for my old Orbi router was up for auto-renewal and would do so on May 9th. I called on April 25th and spoke to Netgear support to stop the transaction from occurring and received email stating that the issue was resolved and a case# was included. Today the old subscription was billed to my credit card for $99. I just called and spoke to someone at Netgear who said he would send this to a supervisor but seemed sure that the charge would likely remain on my card but they would stop it from occurring next year..

This purchase needs to be removed from my card. 

Will someone from Netgear please private message me about fixing this.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Armor Subscription for old router billed to my card...

Please make contact with NG support regarding this here:

https://www.netgear.com/about/contact-us/

Let us know if you don't make progress here.

Message 2 of 6
PumpkinPatch
Aspirant

Based on my experiences last month and today, it would be a waste of time to continue to contact frontline tech-support about this issue. I'm hoping someone from Netgear who can actually help resolve this issue will see this post and private message me.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Most anything Billing is beyond forum help here and needs to be handled with whom you talked to. 

Did you get a case #for this? Might call them back and verify this process and information they gave you is correct. 

Message 4 of 6
PumpkinPatch
Aspirant

It also seems to be beyond the help of the support staff whom I can contact my phone. Which is kind of my point, I've seen Netgear employees respond to posts here, occasionally. I'm hoping one can see this thread and private message me. I have to get this charge removed from my card and get this old subscription removed from my Armor account (so this doesn't continue happening every May) and it doesn't seem like contacting regular tech-support is going to be much help. I've wasted enough time doing that last month and today.

Again, if a Netgear employee sees this thread, please private message me if you can help.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume someone will contact you. Let us know if the issue does get resolved. 

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7