Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor badly affecting Xbox series x

blakey84
Guide

Armor badly affecting Xbox series x

I’ve spent all evening trying to figure out why my wired Xbox series x was downloading and carrying out speed tests so badly, it was hitting between 40 Mbps and 200, completely wild, each test would return a different number. Pings would range between 40-80 which is a lot higher than they used to be.

I’ve spent tons of time replacing cables, looping out the 5 port unmanaged switch, everything. Nothing worked.

I tried wireless and it was better, I was getting a steady 220-250 Mbps, but that’s not a solution.

I plugged back in and I disable Armor, immediately I get exactly what I expect - 950 Mbs or there shouts each and every time.

I turn Armor back on and the speeds start to fall again.

Very clear and I’d say indisputable evidence that Armor is hobbling my Xbox series x…

How does this get fixed?! I’ve just paid for a years Armor and to be honest I’m now regretting it…

Help!
Message 1 of 5
blakey84
Guide

Re: RAX120 V2 Constant Random Reboots

Hard to tell at this stage if this is a bug with the beta, I'll try and carry out some more testing tomorrow.

However, I'm finding with Armor enabled, my wired performance on my Xbox Series X is dreadful, terrible speed variations between 30 and 180 Mbps, bad pings. I tried changing cables, looping out my unmanaged switch.

The moment I turned off Armor... 950+ Mbps each and every time. Turn it back on... problem comes back.

I might try to roll back to the current release and see if the problem persists.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Armor badly affecting Xbox series x

Test the RAX with out Armor enabled. Armor has been known to cause problems before. 

Message 3 of 5
blakey84
Guide

It’s definitely Armor, the problem goes away the second it’s disabled and comes back the second it’s turned back on.

What’s strange is that over Wi-Fi it seemed to be OK, so Armor appears to take offence to Xbox over wired connections only.

I spoke to NG support who were actually really great but in the end all they could do is suggest I call Bitdefender direct on a US number which I can’t do from the UK, it’ll cost too much. (There’s no UK number which is another alarm bell).

They’ve been good enough to refund my Armor subscription, shame though, this is Microsoft Xbox, not some obscure utility…
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya. Shame. I don't use Armor. Haven't had a need for it. Armor seem to add a layer of security but maybe adding too much or not be able to exclude known items from being filtered.

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series