Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How To Stop Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan on a device

Glenvis
Star

Re: How To Stop Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan on a device

Derek 1983 - I had the same problems last year - see messages #36 and #38.  This worked for me, never looked back.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 76 of 78
Gw42
Aspirant

Re: How To Stop Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan on a device

the security scan from the Armor product running on the MR90 routers triggers thousands of firewall alerts on all of my PC's. It terrifies my family as it is reported as an attack. I've been a network architect and this type of scan is totally inappropriate except on a manual scheduled test. Please explain how to disable this feature. I like the idea of the armor product but will have to discontinue it if I can't disable this feature.

Message 77 of 78
simonseh07
Aspirant

Re: How To Stop Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan - latest firmware does not fix it

To stop Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan on a device, follow these simple steps:

1. Log in to your Netgear Armor Account:

• Open a web browser and go to the Netgear Armor portal.
  2. Navigate to Security Settings:

• Look for a section related to security or device protection settings.
  3. Locate Vulnerability Scan Settings:

• Once in the security settings, find the option related to Vulnerability Scan.
  4. Turn Off Vulnerability Scan:

• There should be an option to toggle or turn off the Vulnerability Scan feature. Click on it to disable the scan for your device.
  5. Save Changes:

• After turning off the Vulnerability Scan, look for a "Save" or "Apply" button on the page.
    • Click on it to save your changes.
  6. Logout:

• It's a good practice to log out of your Netgear Armor account for security reasons.

By following these steps, you should successfully stop the Netgear Armor Vulnerability Scan on your device. Keep in mind that the exact steps might vary slightly depending on the Netgear Armor version or interface, but the general process should be similar. 

Message 78 of 78
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7