Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Armor activating problem.

I am facing the same issue.

Message 26 of 52
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kbnhari_19,

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for us to check further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 27 of 52
Jraz305
Aspirant

I to am having the same issue. I can’t get my free trial going. Please help thank you
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 28 of 52
koblaser
Aspirant

Everytime I attempt to activate armor it says error failed to subscribe. I have disable and enabled remote management and the firmware is up to date.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 29 of 52
dmpieske
Aspirant

I purchased the router in July I also started the Armor trial. I decided to buy  the Armor Security (7-15-20) but after the trial ran out the one I bought never activated and I have no idea how to activate it. If I use the Android app to look at the router Armor says it's expired-off.  If I use my computer to look at it it says not activated. I have a support case open (43350716) and I'm not getting any answers.

Someone must know how to fix this.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 30 of 52
Racer67
Aspirant

My Netgear Armor is failing to activate.

I have completed subscription and activation on the armor website but the Nighthawk App keep saying fail to activate.

How can I get Armor back on the app?

Message 31 of 52
Nperez161
Initiate

Hi I don’t have Netgear armor on my router but it says I have a trial run. So whenever I try to activate it, it tells me there’s and error I don’t know what it is any suggestions?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 32 of 52
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dmpieske & Racer67

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for me to better assist. May you also confirm how you purchased the subscription (ex. Orbi/Nighthawk app, armor.netgear.com, etc). 

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 33 of 52
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Nperez161, 

May you tell us what the error is for us to better assist. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061809/I-get-an-error-when-I-try-to-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-what-do-I-do

Christian 

Message 34 of 52
Nperez161
Initiate

The same thing is happening to me too
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 35 of 52
lpernell
Aspirant

I have same equipment - same problem! Same experience with “try again “.
Message 36 of 52
MrFredC
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I cannot activate this service.

Message 37 of 52
Racer67
Aspirant

I have factory reset my device as requested and rebuilt my WiFi Network, and the problem persists.  The service is active on the net but not showing as active on the device nor in the managing Nighthawk app.

Message 38 of 52
Slowry04
Aspirant

Trying to activate returns "failed to activate" try again. I've updated the firmware, rebooted the system, no luck.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 39 of 52
Crharland
Aspirant

Netgear Armor activation failure.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 40 of 52
xexex
Aspirant

same issue, looking for solution

Message 41 of 52
Racer67
Aspirant

Still no resolution to activation on the Router via the App.
The trial was activated when originally bought but the router was lent to my church for several months during covid, and now I have it back, nothing will allow me to activate the Armor Security that I bought via the web, even though it shows as active for my other devices and the router appears in my web log in.
So frustrating!

Nothing suggested has worked including full reset of device and re-installation which required new wifi pairing for every device at home.

Message 42 of 52
xexex
Aspirant

Sad to hear that, so I can save my money.

Message 43 of 52
DPinNC
Aspirant

I bought the armor and was using my WiFi. Could not access Netgear app and router so did a reset. On the app it says their are 2 routers. Original with serial number and now a router with local access. Anyway, suddenly says WiFi has weak security and again not able to access Netgear. Reset through Netgear site and still can’t get on. Says I need to sign in to network on my router but I am on my WiFi. I also do not think my armor subscription I paid for transferred to the new local network. Why is it local
With no serial number?? I’m pretty fed up with the whole thing. How do you cancel if you can’t even access the Netgear app?? I paid for subscription and not even sure it’s on this new local network that was setup. Help!!
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 44 of 52
Cmarcbiro
Aspirant

Can’t activate the security through the app. Speed test does not work while the router clearly works
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 45 of 52
vj2444
Aspirant

Dear Support,

After factory reset, I won't be able to activate Amor Security.

Please help me!

Kind regards,

Vincent

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 46 of 52
PigletRider
Apprentice

I purchased a renewed Netgear Armor subscription through the Nighthawk app (iPhone 7).  The purchase went fine.  But the renewal failed to activate.  All I get on the Nighthawk app on the "A - Security" pane is "Expired - Off."   When I click on this pane, it just takes me right back to Bitdefender's website to purchase the renewal, all over again, as if I'd never purchased it.

No matter how I approach this, the app takes me to Bitdefender's site to purchase again, and again, and again.  I don't see any way to even deactivate/activate Netgear Armor.  I've rebooted the router (via app), not pinhole.   I've not deleted and re-installed the app.  I'm afraid of loosing all of my device settings/names.  I have a lot of them.

If someone has cracked this nut, please let me know.  I've also raised this with Bitdefender support.  The took some detailed info and said someone would get back to me.  That's it.

Message 47 of 52
PigletRider
Apprentice

For my previous post...

Message 48 of 52
Jdejong90
Aspirant

I also cant activate armor
I have an orbi rbk753
I have tried alot of things
Message 49 of 52
PigletRider
Apprentice

My issue was finally resolved by the techs at Bitdefender.  As it turns out, I have 2 (Don't ask me how.) Netgear accounts.  When I renewed, it fell under account "A" using my "A" e-mail address.  As it turns out, my router (according to Bitdefender) is registered using my "B" e-mail address.   Hmmm... When I checked... sure enough.  I have 2 Netgear accounts.  I was able to log into both of them individually.

My "B" e-mail address was my Google e-mail.  Somehow, along the Netgear way, I must have created 2 Netgear accounts.  I wanted my router registered to my "A" account but the Nighthawk app kept insisting that it was registered under my "B" account.  Even after uninstalling/re-installing the app, it still insisted that I was registered with "B."   Bitdefender said I was "A" when I renewed Netgear Armor.  I was logged into the Nighthawk app using the "A" account.  This would not work for some reason.

It was only when Bitdefender moved my registration to my "B" account that Armor was finally activated.  I've decided to leave this as is, until and when Netgear decides to cancel my "B" account and the fight begins anew.

Message 50 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7