Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor option not showing in app

horizonjob
Tutor

Netgear Armor option not showing in app

I'm not sure what I am missing. I have a Bitdefender Box 2 and figured it would be better to remove one extra appliance that could affect speed, so I would just subscribe to Netgear Armor. The problem is that I am not seeing a security tab in my Nighthawk app that would then give me the Armor option. I have checked all over the app and don't see Netgear Armor anywhere. The firmware on my R7000 is up to date and I have the latest app. Ideas?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor option not showing in app

Hi horizonjob, 

Welcome to the community! Would you mind reinstalling the Nighthawk app and following the article linked below. Also, may you tell me whether your R7000 is in router or access point mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059442/How-do-I-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-using-the-Nighthawk-app

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
horizonjob
Tutor

Thanks, Christian. Reinstalling the app doesn't help. The R7000 is in bridge/AP mode because it is hooked up to a BitDefender Box 2. I have a current BitDefender subscription through the Box, but was thinking of ditching the hardware firewall when the subscription runs out in a few months. The Box has worked fine and it should not be causing any real lag since it is connected to my fiber modem by Ethernet cable and to my R7000 by another Ethernet cable, but removing the Box will give me one less potential point of failure.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello horizonjob,

May you try setting the R7000 is router mode and letting us know if you're able to activate Armor using the Nighthawk app. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
horizonjob
Tutor

Thanks, Christian. I will try that. However, since my BitDefender Box took awhile to set up and required assistance from their customer support, I think I will wait until my Box subscription expires in a few months so I do not risk having it stop working when I take my Nighthawk out of bridge mode and then put it back on bridge mode later. Besides, if I already have BitDefender defending all my devices on the current Box subscription, I would not want to be paying twice for the same protection.

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello horizonjob,

May you try setting the R7000 is router mode and letting us know if you're able to activate Armor using the Nighthawk app. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7