Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One device has very slow connection after Armour scan on RS700 Router

PumpkinPatch
Aspirant

One device has very slow connection after Armour scan on RS700 Router

Earlier, I was using my iMac and the connection was fast as usual, but suddenly, the connection slowed to a crawl. Opening a new tab resulted in about a delay of about one minute before the homepage loaded. However, I noticed every device in the house had a normal connection speed. My iPhone is connected to the primary network (same network as the iMac) and the connection is fast. The TV behind me on the guest network is fast. I connected my iMac to the iPhone hotspot and the connection is much better. I then connected the iMac to the guest network and the connection is fast. I rebooted the modem, router, and the iMac and it did not resolve the problem of the iMac having a very slow connection when connected to the primary network.

I logged into the nighthawk router app on my iPhone to see if I can find anything that might help the problem. It showed a notification that Armour had performed a vulnerability scan on my iMac an hour before – exactly when this problem started with my iMac.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Edited to add: At this point there is effectively no usable connection when the iMac is connected to the primary network. It is extremely slow. Every device in the house has a normal connection. I am also using the latest firmware for the RS700 router.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One device has very slow connection after Armour scan on RS700 Router

If the iMac is the only device having this issue, might power it OFF then back ON. 
Did you install Armor on this device? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7