Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi LBR20 Armor Activation

Khanghura71
Aspirant

Orbi LBR20 Armor Activation

Hi all

Hopefully someone can point me to right solution.

I have an Orbi LBR20 4G/LTE Router which I needed to reboot after connecting the Poynting XPOL-1 v2 and doing a firmware update. Which has resulted in 3x download speeds and even 9x upload!

I noticed after the reboot that my security tab showed that Armor was no longer activated. I presumed my trial had ceased and this was triggered by the reboot. That being said if I click on the Security tab in the Orbi app to activate the trial it just says “ERROR Failed to Subscribe” and then “Try Again”. I have tried this many times to no avail. I have tried Add Ons and have no options there. I have connected via Admin to Orbilogin.net with no options there either. I downloaded the Netgear Armor VPN via iOS App Store and bought a subscription but this doesn’t link back to the router - where I would like the protection. I even downloaded Armor Bitdefender but to be honest it doesn’t do anything but scan my accounts.

Could someone advise how I can break the loop on the router and actually activate Armor.

Orbi firmware v2.6.3.50
Orbi App v2.8.2.0

Many thanks!

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi LBR20 Armor Activation

Hi Khanghura71, 

May you power cycle your router again and reinstall the Orbi app. If your issue persists, please send me a private message with your email address and router serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Khanghura71
Aspirant

Hi Christian

Is that a hard reset of the router or simply unplugging the unit for about 30 seconds and then replugging.

Also I have the Orbi App on several devices am I required to delete on all devices and re-install?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Khanghura71, 

Unplugging and replugging the unit. And yes, you may reinstall the Orbi app on all devices. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
Khanghura71
Aspirant

Hi Christian

Took the steps you mentioned and still no joy.

Can you advise on a solution?

Kind regards.
Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Khanghura71, 

Thanks for the update. May you send me a private message and confirm your email address and router serial number for us to check further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7