Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX48 "Advanced Config" page inaccessible on safari browser

MGogulapati
Tutor

RAX48 "Advanced Config" page inaccessible on safari browser

Upon upgrading to latest firmware "Firmware Version V1.0.5.106_2.0.70" on my RAX48 router, I am unable to access "Advanced " configuration of my router from my macbook using safari brower.  Upon login on the router, I can only access "Basic" configuraiton settings.  The "Advanced" tab wouldn't open to show any underlying configurion items.  

Notes: 

1) My macbook is ruining "MacOS Montary 12.1" and up-to-date with all relavent patches.  

2) I can access "Advaced" configuration items from my Windows 10 system.   

RouterNighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX5200 WiFi Router

Model: RAX48

Firmware Version: V1.0.5.106_2.0.70

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 19
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX48 "Advanced Config" page inaccessible on safari browser

does it work with other browsers?

Or a pc? 

Message 2 of 19
MGogulapati
Tutor

@plemans 

1) I don't have any other browsers on my mac for addtional testing.  

2) Yes, it works on windows pc, which I've included in my original post.  

BTW, it is annoying to go to a different [windows] system to just to check or change "advanced" settings on the router.   

Message 3 of 19
plemans
Guru

I don't use safari so I"m not sure if theres a clear cookies/cache option. 

Have you tried installing a different browser to the mac and testing? It wouldn't be the first time a browser issue caused problems

Message 4 of 19
dmitch77
Star

I ran into the exact same problem with the RAX50, same firmware version. Safari no longer works, as you describe, on either Mac or iPad. I filed a support ticket; haven't heard back. Meanwhile the workaround is to use Firefox. That works fine on both Mac and iPad.

Message 5 of 19
MGogulapati
Tutor

@dmitch77 Thank you for confirming the issue and suggesting a workaround.  Appreciate it.  

Message 6 of 19
dmitch77
Star

Quick update: Firefox on iPad does not work either; the only workaround that I see is to use Firefox on Mac.

Message 7 of 19
amonynuts
Apprentice

Same problem here on RAX45 with V1.0.5.106.  Firefox doesn't work for me, under Linux.  Safari & Chrome doesn't work either, tried these under iOS.  Will try a firmware downgrade...

Message 8 of 19
amonynuts
Apprentice

FYI, downgrading my RAX45 to firmware V1.0.4.100 resolved the issue for me.

Message 9 of 19
amonynuts
Apprentice

Just FYI, to downgrade without the Advanced tab working, I was sent the following link by Netgear customer support and I was about to try this flashing method using a linux desktop using the "tftp" command:  https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

BUT, as soon as I connected my linux desktop to a wired port of the router and ran the latest version of Chome, as luck would have it I found that the Advanced tab actually worked using this browser version.  So I just used the "Router Upgrade" option in the Advanced menu to install the older firmware from a file (instead of the convoluted method described at the URL above).

I also had to find the older firmware images on the Netgear website (will be in a different location depending on your router model).

Also I will note that once I got the router configured to my liking via the Advanced tab, I went ahead and upgraded to V1.0.5.106 again, just to make sure the latest security patches are installed.

Message 10 of 19
G35flyer
Star

I found a workaround. Once connected to the routers Basic web interface type any junk behind your rounter url....for example: https://192.168.1.1/junk   You will get a 404 error, then hit the broswer back button and you can then gain access to the Advanced settings.

Message 11 of 19
chickenchick
Tutor

Firefox doesn’t work for the advanced tap neither
Message 12 of 19
chickenchick
Tutor

The workaround with error 404 and back doesn’t work
Message 13 of 19
chickenchick
Tutor

I just talked with an Netgear online agent.

He doesn’t seem to care or be any helpful. He kept asking for serial number and types of devices and browsers. After answering all those silly questions, he said he could not help with firmware issue coz it’s with other team. I asked for reply from the other team and he disconnected me instantly.

How helpful!!
Message 14 of 19
chickenchick
Tutor

Also, I referred to him the link of this discussion but he just simply didn’t care to read.
Message 15 of 19
MGogulapati
Tutor

@G35flyer you found a interesting workaround.  Visiting non-exisitng page on the router, and clicking the browsers back button to to visit previous page, which would allow you to goto advanced setting.. Nicely done.  

Thank you.  It is helpful.   - MG

Message 16 of 19
Explorz
Tutor

Awesome.  Worked for me.

@G35flyer wrote:

I found a workaround. Once connected to the routers Basic web interface type any junk behind your rounter url....for example: https://192.168.1.1/junk   You will get a 404 error, then hit the broswer back button and you can then gain access to the Advanced settings.

Message 17 of 19
chickenchick
Tutor

What platform and which browser are you using??

My iPad doesn’t work this way with multiple browsers…
Message 18 of 19
Explorz
Tutor

Mac. Safari
Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements