Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setup USB Device in ReadyNas NV+

DAVID533
Aspirant

Setup USB Device in ReadyNas NV+

I connected a USB Flash Drive to the NV+ to test out the USB connection. I did not setup any password to access the USB flash drive. I can see the USB drive in my network, but when I try to open it with Windows Explorer, it ask for my Windows admin password. I use Windows 7 and did not set up any admin password. Is there some peramerters in the NV+ I should setup? The same thing happen when I create a shared folder in the root directory of the NV+.

Model: RND4000 (ReadyNAS NV+ v1)|READYNAS NV+ v1 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setup USB Device in ReadyNas NV+

Hi @DAVID533

Welcome to the Community!

if it is asking for your Windows Administrator Password instead of the NAS then there might be settings on your Windows OS that implement this request. Have you setup or installed any security app? 

What you can set on the NV+ would be the permission for your data but it should not ask for the password if you have not set any.

By default the Admin account will have access. Have you tried inserting the USB Disk on the PC itself and see if it still ask?

Here's an article that may help on this issue.

Windows requires Administrative rights

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @DAVID533

Welcome to the Community!

if it is asking for your Windows Administrator Password instead of the NAS then there might be settings on your Windows OS that implement this request. Have you setup or installed any security app? 

What you can set on the NV+ would be the permission for your data but it should not ask for the password if you have not set any.

By default the Admin account will have access. Have you tried inserting the USB Disk on the PC itself and see if it still ask?

Here's an article that may help on this issue.

Windows requires Administrative rights

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
DAVID533
Aspirant

Thank you very much, Marc_V. My problem is solved.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7