Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

armor security and need to add the bit defender

Rmalibu
Star

armor security and need to add the bit defender

On my orbi 853 had the trial armor security and when tap the security panel  it lets me know that bitdefender can be added to 11 devices on my system  and if i click on install i am asked to get the bitdefender app and go from there to add devices  and they say at no cost    My question is  i thought that having the armor security that the router and all devices connected to it both wired and wireless were supposedly protected by armor    True?  if not why do they say armor protects " all your devices connected"   and if not is bitdefender recommended and if so why does it only say that only 11 devices can be installed if i have more than 11 devices connected

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: armor security and need to add the bit defender

Its more about different suites/levels of protection. 

yes, armor is protecting your devices on the network. scanning them for their own vulnerabilities/etc. But if you download a program onto your device willfully and its a virus/malware, then you'd need something on that device to scan/know it. 

Kind of like how companies used to sell malware protection, web browser protection, antivirus protection, etc. 

Message 2 of 4
Rmalibu
Star

So Bitdefender then via their app get installed on those devices and acts as virus malware protection?  Much like say avast or similar products?   So if you have something like that say on a computer or iPad why would you need Bitdefender 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You'd have to check with the specifics of the program you install on your device for what it actually protects against. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7