Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi password changes propagate to clients, but don't change in Insight

mjc775
Star

WiFi password changes propagate to clients, but don't change in Insight

When I change a WiFi password in Insight then click "Save", the change applies to the connected APs (WAX615 and WAX625 in my case), but the password in Insight still displays as the default location password when going back into the WiFi/Wireless Network settings.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mjc775
Star

Re: WiFi password changes propagate to clients, but don't change in Insight

@schumaku wrote:

The reason is somewhere around this https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/WAX615-WiFi-password-issue-after-upgrade-to-10-3-...

The issue has been occurring for me prior to the latest firmware updates to the WAX615 and WAX625, and happened with Insight 6.8 as I recall. The issue only happens on the web GUI of Insight, the Insight iOS app correctly identifies the WiFi password.

Never mind, this is likely a browser cookie issue. I just signed into Insight in a New Incognito Window, and the WiFi password matches the clients. Whereas the password shown in my main Chrome window is stuck on the location WiFi password. The LastPass extension may also be interfering because the show password eye icon and LastPass autofill icon are practically on top of each other and I will often click one over the other.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Message 2 of 3
mjc775
Star

@schumaku wrote:

The reason is somewhere around this https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/WAX615-WiFi-password-issue-after-upgrade-to-10-3-...

The issue has been occurring for me prior to the latest firmware updates to the WAX615 and WAX625, and happened with Insight 6.8 as I recall. The issue only happens on the web GUI of Insight, the Insight iOS app correctly identifies the WiFi password.

Never mind, this is likely a browser cookie issue. I just signed into Insight in a New Incognito Window, and the WiFi password matches the clients. Whereas the password shown in my main Chrome window is stuck on the location WiFi password. The LastPass extension may also be interfering because the show password eye icon and LastPass autofill icon are practically on top of each other and I will often click one over the other.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements