Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Controls gone RBR750

WendyJune73
Initiate

Parental Controls gone RBR750

This morning my parental controls are gone.  Rebooted, nothing.  Tried to enable parental controls, cloud error.  Uninstalled app, reinstalled, now my subscriptions do not show up and the parental control list is completely gone.  Getting lots of 'cloud errors'.  

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Was told that SPC should be fixed now. 

Please let us know if this has been fixed for you.

@WendyJune73 wrote:

This morning my parental controls are gone.  Rebooted, nothing.  Tried to enable parental controls, cloud error.  Uninstalled app, reinstalled, now my subscriptions do not show up and the parental control list is completely gone.  Getting lots of 'cloud errors'.  

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13

All Replies
SDMiner
Initiate

I have the exact same for the rbr850 setup.

Device list won’t populate and get the error “exception with onecloud” when attempting to do nearly anything including parental controls. Unable to turn child’s access back on…
Message 2 of 13
BCC-NGComm
Aspirant

Same issue on RBR50 as of this morning (3/31/23) - "Error Exception from OneCloud" when trying to do anything in Smart Parental Controls.

I updated the iOS app and signed into it, and now the SPC tile is completely gone from the app's dashboard. If I click on Security I get the same error.

Just in case I also rebooted my modem, then rebooted both the Orbi router and satellite but still get the same behavior.

I'm going to chalk this up to DNS somewhere upstream and/or at whatever services Netgear uses for Orbi Smart Parental Controls and Security logins/network traffic? 

It's always DNS...

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

I would submit a bug report:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

@WendyJune73 wrote:

Message 4 of 13
BCC-NGComm
Aspirant

Yes, already did that - I'm guessing it isn't MY DNS since other users seem to be seeing the same thing - as I said, I'm guessing it is an issue that is happening on the Netgear/SPC/Circle side of things that is thus-far unreported on the Netgear status page 
https://status.netgear.com/

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, I'm seeing this along with others on Armor as well. 

I've pass this on to NG for review. 

Please be patient. 

Message 6 of 13
markroth
Aspirant

I am also having issues/bugs this morning with Parental Controls *(netgear, not Circle) and the Armor Security.

Rebooted router and I updated the iOS app to the latest and now cannot see Parental controls at all.

RBR50v2 — Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 13
markroth
Aspirant

Thanks for posting, but FYI the instructions you link to are specific to the nighthwak app, so it may be confusing for those of us using ORBI.  Are we supposed to report bugs the same way by opening the mobile app and then shaking it?

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. 

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Was told that SPC should be fixed now. 

Please let us know if this has been fixed for you.

@WendyJune73 wrote:

Message 11 of 13
WendyJune73
Initiate

Yes!  I had to uninstall the app and reinstall and its all back!  Thank you so much!  I have teenagers and can not live without the parental controls!!

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7