Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 Parental Controls Issues

carneb
Aspirant

RBR750 Parental Controls Issues

I recently purchased an RBK752 package and have it set up and subscribed to the optional parental controls. It's on firmware V4.6.14.3.

I'm finding some issues with parental controls. I have off times set for my kids to give them a break from their devices, but it seems if they have an active connection (eg Roblox) then when the off time starts they can just keep playing. If they disconnect and then try to reconnect the off time works - no internet access.

Is there any settings I can change to fix this? Something I've set wrong?

The other issue seems to be with Messenger Kids. During the off time my kids can't dial out, but their friends can still dial in and the kids are getting annoyed by these calls that they can't answer. I know that they could set do not disturb on their device but it seems strange to me that if the internet is off how can they get the notification that someone is calling? Any advice? This is on an Iphone and Ipad if it makes any difference.

Message 1 of 2
carneb
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 Parental Controls Issues

After some more testing and research I can confirm that the Parental controls will stop new connections, but will not cut active connections. Is there any setting I could change to do this? After some searching it seems other brands of routers have had similar complaints. Is it something I will have to live with or is it worth contacting support to see if it can be fixed?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7