× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Accessing shares

nikbra
Aspirant

Accessing shares

Hi

My NAS is from 2014 and I have been struggling a bit. Got it working but cannot remember how. Also lost the installation DVD.

Recently changed computer to a Surface 4 Pro and are trying to access my shares. I access the RAIDiator 4.2.19 by double clicking the Media unit (In windows Explorer Network place).

Issues:

- Cannot set up an access to my Share. Tryed mounting to \\<IP adress>\<share name> but it cannot find it

- When double clicing on the Computer (Explorer/Network area) shown as a Screen I get a message stating that the NAS is not available. But I can still reach the RAIDator as mentioned. It also hints that the designated loggin session does not exist It continues that it might have been terminated

- Inside the RAIDator I cannot log off without it asking me for username/password. Very strange I think. WHen entering itand pressing OK it asks me again. I close the webpage completly. Logging in lateron I have the same issue. It seems like I am not logged off at all.

I have been looking around alot. First time I did it I got it up and runng fairly fast.

Model: ReadyNASRNDU4220|ReadyNAS Ultra 4
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Accessing shares

@nikbra wrote:

Upgrade done. I can mount now. Thanks.

C:\Users\nikla>net use t: \\ip-address\c /user:admin nasadminpassword
Systemfel 53 har uppstått. (eng. Error 53 has occured)

Nätverkssökvägen kan inte hittas (eng. Path cannot be found)

Looks like you didn't substitute the real IP address and admin password for the placeholders in italics.

However, if you can mount now, then the test isn't needed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Your firmware is pretty old (current version is 4.2.30).  After you get this resolved, perhaps upgrade it.

Is the Pro set to the same workgroup as the NAS?

Try opening CMD on the surface, and entering

net use * /delete

net use t: \\ip-address\c /user:admin nasadminpassword

Be careful with the slashes (and the typing in general).  The first command deletes any outstanding sessions, the second mounts the C volume as drive letter t.

Let us know the result.

Message 2 of 4
nikbra
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for reply.

The mysterious log out issue remains. It still prompts me for password when logging out. Enter admin by <ip-adress>/admin.

I can also enter the RAIDator by  double clicking the Media unit icon. Then I do not need pw. However when chosing a tab in Network I get prompted. Below is the results from the CMD (Swedish):

C:\Users\nikla>net use * /delete
Listan är tom. (eng. List is empty)

BR

Niklas

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@nikbra wrote:

Looks like you didn't substitute the real IP address and admin password for the placeholders in italics.

However, if you can mount now, then the test isn't needed.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements