× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to NetGear ReadyNAS RND4000

Syphon02
Aspirant

Can't connect to NetGear ReadyNAS RND4000

So, hi!

I have two NetGear ReadyNAS RND4000s, four drives each. They had bad firmware out of the box, but a factory reset later and they are up and running fine. All drives fine, 100% on both.

I can see them on my home network, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to actually access them to add files. Navigating to them and trying to copy+paste files just results in a grayed out selection box. As far as I can tell I have everything set up right for them in the FrontView webpage, but I'm clearly missing something.

I've tried going through NetGear's ReadyCLOUD but it can't detect either box despite being directly plugged into my router.

https://imgur.com/a/QHDvssG

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't connect to NetGear ReadyNAS RND4000

@Syphon02 wrote:

I've tried going through NetGear's ReadyCLOUD but it can't detect either box despite being directly plugged into my router.

ReadyCloud only works with OS-6 NAS - not with your legacy NAS.

@Syphon02 wrote:

As far as I can tell I have everything set up right for them in the FrontView webpage, but I'm clearly missing something.

One thing is that with Windows 10 you need to go into "turn windows features on or off" and enable the SMB 1/CIFS client on the PC.

Your path in Windows Explorer looks incorrect.  Try entering \\nas-ip-address into the address bar - being careful to use the correct slash direction.  Of course use the real NAS IP address.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Syphon02 wrote:

ReadyCloud only works with OS-6 NAS - not with your legacy NAS.

@Syphon02 wrote:

As far as I can tell I have everything set up right for them in the FrontView webpage, but I'm clearly missing something.

One thing is that with Windows 10 you need to go into "turn windows features on or off" and enable the SMB 1/CIFS client on the PC.

Your path in Windows Explorer looks incorrect.  Try entering \\nas-ip-address into the address bar - being careful to use the correct slash direction.  Of course use the real NAS IP address.

Message 2 of 4
Syphon02
Aspirant

Had SMB 1/CIFS enabled after some resarch on here and ready, but it never occured to me to punch the IP into Explorer, and that did it. Have files copying over now, thank you!

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad I could help. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements