× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get rn 10400 to connect at all

buzzi
Follower

Can't get rn 10400 to connect at all

Can't get my ReadyNAS to do anything.  I can run the RAIDar_6.3.0 and I get he first picture attached(RAIDar_6.3.0.jpg) so it looks connected.  But when I try to access the admin page I get this error message

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.1.15 doesn't adhere to security standards.

ERR_SSL_SERVER_CERT_BAD_FORMAT

And when I try to open the admin page in explorer I put in credentials and it just hangs on the netgear page.  I figured this was probably a firmware issue.  So I have tried to create a USB recovery tool with no luck with multiple usbs and tried in all the different ports on the nas system.

Please any help would be much appreciated because this thing is driving me crazy.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't get rn 10400 to connect at all

Wow, it's been a long time since 6.0.0.  6.0.1 was released in January 2013.  

Is this NAS a new acquisition, or is it something you've had for a while?  Were you ever able to log into the NAS web UI?

After you get logged in, you should certainly upgrade the firmware.  You won't be able to get current in one step - so be careful on that. You need to install 6.2.5, then 6.5.2, and then 6.9.3 (the current firmware). One you are current, you should do a factory reset and set the NAS up again.

BTW, you also shouldn't try doing a USB recovery with the current firmware - you would need to go through the same stages there too.  If you don't, you can brick your NAS.

The security warning is because the NAS uses self-signed certficates.  One practical way to avoid it is to use FireFox, which lets you save a security exception.  Though with Chrome and other browsers, once you click through it, it won't present the issue again for a while.

@buzzi wrote:

And when I try to open the admin page in explorer I put in credentials and it just hangs on the netgear page.  

Do you mean internet explorer or file explorer?  If you are trying internet explorer you might need to use compatibility mode (since the firmware is so old).  You could also try other browsers (though maybe avoid edge, since it didn't even exist when 6.0.0 was current).

Note you don't need to use RAIDar, you can enter https://192.168.1.15/admin into your browser address bar instead.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements