× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access admin page

readynas1001
Aspirant

Cannot access admin page

Hello everyone,  i was in my admin page and inadvertantly turned off the remote vpn option.  I'm not able to log back into admin page after that in my readynas 316.  Is there a way to get back into the admin page to enable remote/vpn option?  Thank you.

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access admin page

Did you turn it off yourself or did you run into This?

Welcome to the Community!

Message 2 of 6
readynas1001
Aspirant

Hello,  i turned it off myself.  the system has always been running slow and i was trying to disable ipv6.  i tried to direct connect my laptop to the unit and access the admin page.  the readynas defaulted to an ip and i set my laptop to a static ip to be on same network.  i got to admin page login but the login/password would not accept.  thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you can't login as the 'admin' user you could use password recovery or if that is not setup try an OS Re-install: How do I access the boot menu on my ReadyNAS 316, 516, 716?

Message 4 of 6
readynas1001
Aspirant

password recovery not set up.  i am backing up all my data (which will take a while) and i will try an OS Re-install.  Does the OS Re-install delete any data?  thanks for all the help.

Message 5 of 6
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

@readynas1001 wrote:

password recovery not set up.  i am backing up all my data (which will take a while) and i will try an OS Re-install.  Does the OS Re-install delete any data?  thanks for all the help.

No.  It will reset the network configuration to use dhcp, and reset the admin password to password. Other settings and data should not be affected

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements