× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compatibility of new WD Se disk

bartw
Aspirant

Compatibility of new WD Se disk

Any news on the compatibility list about these new NAS disks from WD ?

Model # Interface Vormfactor RPM Capaciteit Cache
WD4000F9YZ SATA 6 Gb/s 3,5 inch 7.200 4 TB 64 MB
WD3000F9YZ SATA 6 Gb/s 3,5 inch 7.200 3 TB 64 MB
WD2000F9YZ SATA 6 Gb/s 3,5 inch 7.200 2 TB 64 MB

5 years warranty

The performance was a big win for the Se where it matters, in the RAID 5 tests. The faster platter speeds and enterprise-class features shone through to win the day. Throwing an extra two years of warranty into the mix, for a total of five years, distances the Se from the Red that much more. With better reliability and performance, the Se makes a great NAS HDD for demanding environments.
Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/5788/ ... dex11.html
Message 1 of 4
Radiosutch
Aspirant

Re: Compatibility of new WD Se disk

I am also curious about the 4Tb WD4000F9YZ. I can't really afford to buy 6 of these for my ReadyNAS 316 only to find there is no support. The RE's are too over specified for what I need, and as I want to run 6, WD Red don't support 6 bays for their own reasons but the SE is ok for 6 bays.
Can support advise the present position?
Message 2 of 4
Westyfield2
Tutor

Did anyone buy any?

Noticed that the WD Se 4TB is listed on on the Hardware Compatibility List of the RN516 and RN716… but the WD Re 4TB is not.
Currently I use the WD Re 2TB.
Message 3 of 4
xsspeed03
Aspirant

I've been waiting for something from Netgear support as well. Really hoping to get some WD Se drives for my ReadyNAS Pro.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements