× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

sorenbs
Aspirant

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I am confused about the exact model: The sign on the bottom says "ReadyNAS Duo RND2150v2", but it is running Raidar 4.1.16 and has 2x1TB disks.

When I try to access the Setup option I am suddenly getting an errormessage, ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH, and cannot access to the Setup option. Also my backup processes stopped working. I get a mail confirming that the Backup Process has run, but no backup has taken place.  

It looks like it has something to do with an outdated SSL/TSL certificate. 

Anyone who has a solution to this? 

Model: RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo 500GB (1 X 500GB)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

@sorenbs wrote:

I am confused about the exact model: The sign on the bottom says "ReadyNAS Duo RND2150v2", but it is running Raidar 4.1.16.

It's the original Duo - called the v1 here.  The v2 in the part number indicates a minor hardware revision.  The Duo v2 (which runs 5.3.x firmware) is a very different platform.

@sorenbs wrote:

When I try to access the Setup option I am suddenly getting an errormessage, ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH,...

It looks like it has something to do with an outdated SSL/TSL certificate. 

No, not the certificate.  The legacy NAS use TLS 1.0 for https connections.  That's outdated, and browsers have recently dropped it - requiring at least TLS 1.2.  That is why you get the SSL version mismatch error.

There is a workround for the Duo posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Workaround-for-ERR-SSL-VERSION-OR-CIPHER...  There are some more details on how to make the mod in post 5 of that thread.

@sorenbs wrote:

Also my backup processes stopped working. I get a mail confirming that the Backup Process has run, but no backup has taken place.  

That sounds like a different problem, but maybe circle back to it when you regain access to frontview.

Message 2 of 6
sorenbs
Aspirant

Thank you for the information- both about my version confusion and for clarification of the TLS mismatch Error. Just after I postet my question I discovered that I can accessFrontview from the browser in my Ipad (running IpadOS 15.3.1). 
Based on your response I spent som time (no, a lot of time) investigating the posibilities and finally I chose to access Frontview through Firefox on my PC.

I still have problems with my backup - even though my backup settings worked fine before i had the TLS mismatch error.

Message 3 of 6
sorenbs
Aspirant

@StephenB

Now I have been working on the referred workaround. I get stuck in step 3:

"Go into settings->EOL Conversion of Notepad++, and choose "unix". "

It seems that my version of Notepad++ doesn't  offer this option (see picture)

sorenbs_0-1648897059458.jpeg

I have been trough all the shown options. It is probably due to lack of expertice, so maybe you can help me on thisone as well.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

It's my mistake - the setting you want is actually under "edit".

Message 5 of 6
sorenbs
Aspirant

Found. THank you

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements