× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Email Alerts

Icauto
Aspirant

Email Alerts

Hello,

In June 2020, GMAIL send me the email below. Since then, I do not receive email alerts. Has there been an update or work around to make this work?

Google Logo

Hello,

Beginning July 8, 2020, the following app will no longer have access to your Gmail data

ReadyNAS Email Notification

Google has always worked to design our tools and services with security at their core. Last year, we proactively updated the Google User Data Policy to better protect Gmail users.

All apps listed above have not passed our required verification process and, as a result, will no longer be able to access your Gmail data starting July 8, 2020.

Without access to your Gmail data, this app may not work as intended. If you have any questions, please contact the developer of the app.

You can also use the Security Checkup tool to view, manage, and remove any apps that you have given access to your Google...

Thanks,
The Google Accounts team

Since then, my email alerts have stopped working. I no longer get them. I went into the NAS and tried to send a test message and it failed.

Has there been any updates to help make this work? Is there a work around

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Email Alerts

What firmware are you running?  There was a fix in 6.10.2 that you might need.

You might also need to review this article: https://kb.netgear.com/25833/ReadyNAS-OS-6-E-mail-Alert-won-t-work-using-Gmail-for-Google-Apps-accou...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?  There was a fix in 6.10.2 that you might need.

You might also need to review this article: https://kb.netgear.com/25833/ReadyNAS-OS-6-E-mail-Alert-won-t-work-using-Gmail-for-Google-Apps-accou...

Message 2 of 3
Icauto
Aspirant

I am running 6.10.1. I will upgrade. Thank you for the reponse.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements