× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is this the latest readynas pro 6?

_ybi_
Aspirant

Is this the latest readynas pro 6?

Hi all

I have a little question concerning the readynas pro 6:

I own a Readynas Duo (all started with this one), than expanded with an Ultra4 (needed the extra storage) but now I bought myself an iPad and started tinkeling with Plex.
And I must say... I'm amazed (really;-)) but as you can imagine, an ultra4 is strong enough to stream avi, but not to do some transcoding. Whenever I try to stream 1080p files (be that M2ts, mkv, ...) the picture gets frozen every x seconds or the audio is not in sync.

Since i am that much in awe by what plex has done (and I can integrate my spotify account in plex) and that I can run a vmware on it (although not officially supported; ram upgrade etc...) I am looking into buying a readynas pro 6.

But with al the numbers circulating on the net with different pricetags, I want to make sure that I'm buying the right Readynas Pro 6 (eg: the latest model).

So what I am wondering is the following: is this the latest readynas pro6
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/295206/netgear-readynas-pro-6.html#tab:prices
SKU: RNDP6000-200EUS, EAN: 0606449075632

Normally this should be a diskless readynas pro 6

Also, is it wise to buy it now? I mean: there is no upgrade/successor planned anytime soon?

Many thanks in advance for he assistance

Kind regards
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Is this the latest readynas pro 6?

Yes the RNDP6000-200 (aka RNDP6000v2) is the Pro 6. the EUS is the region code.

$ybi€ wrote:

Also, is it wise to buy it now? I mean: there is no upgrade/successor planned anytime soon?

We can only speculate about that. Looking at past history: Pro BE was released late 2008 and Pro 6 was released late 2010.

Buy when you need it. The Pro 6 is a great NAS.
Message 2 of 3
_ybi_
Aspirant

Re: Is this the latest readynas pro 6?

Thanks for the helpfull answer.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements