× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for R-Studio RAID Parameters for NV+

pimpyoda
Aspirant

Looking for R-Studio RAID Parameters for NV+

Does anyone know the correct RAID parameters for a ReadyNAS NV+? I am trying to do data recovery using R-Studio.

I was told in a previous thread that NV+ uses RAID 4. However, there are still a few other fields.

Block order for: Right Parity or Left Parity (default is on Right Parity)

Number of Rows: (default is set to 1)

Block Size: (default is set to 64 KB)

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Looking for R-Studio RAID Parameters for NV+

R-studio should be detecting them automatically.  Are you saying that isn't working?

Message 2 of 4
pimpyoda
Aspirant

They said the autodetect feature only works for RAID 5 and 6. I ran it anyways just to check and it got to about 43% and just sat there for over a day.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@pimpyoda wrote:

They said the autodetect feature only works for RAID 5 and 6. 

There is also a free utility from ReclaiMe that might be able to figure it out.  http://www.freeraidrecovery.com/

Though R-Studio support really ought to know this, since there product has been used to recover files from legacy ReadyNAS.

@pimpyoda wrote:

I ran it anyways just to check and it got to about 43% and just sat there for over a day.

That is a bad sign.  Have you tried running the long disk test using vendor tools (Seatools for Seagate, Lifeguard for Western Digital)?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements