× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS, Raid Duo

bjorn
Aspirant

NAS, Raid Duo

I have a problem with changing the IP-adress of the device. When I run Raidar I find the NAS in my LAN but on a different adress than my comuter.

Router:         192.168.0.1

My comuter: 192.168.0.10

NAS device: 192.168.1.101

I can't change the router IP so I would like to access my NAS device and change its adress to something like 192.168.0.50.

Model: ReadyNASRND2110|ReadyNAS Duo 1TB (1 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 4
jguerdat
Guru

Re: NAS, Raid Duo

Wrong forum.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@bjorn wrote:

I have a problem with changing the IP-adress of the device. When I run Raidar I find the NAS in my LAN but on a different adress than my comuter.

Router:         192.168.0.1

My comuter: 192.168.0.10

NAS device: 192.168.1.101

I can't change the router IP so I would like to access my NAS device and change its adress to something like 192.168.0.50.

It's safest to use DHCP and reserve an address in the router.  Why can't you change the router IP - is it under someone else's control?

There are three ways to resolve this

• Change the router range to 192.168.1.x (which is easiest, but I guess you can't do)
  • Do a direct connect (connecting ethernet from the NAS directly to the PC), and gain access that way
  • Do an OS reinstall.

The OS reinstall process depends on the platform type. If you to try that, let us know what firmware version RAIDar is showing for your NAS.

The direct connect procedure requires you to temporarily set a static IP address on the PC.  For instance, to 192.168.1.100, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, gateway of 192.168.1.1.  Connect the internet cable directly from the NAS to the PC (no need for a crossover cable).

You should then be able to access the NAS web ui by entering https://192.168.1.101/admin 

Note that if the router isn't under your control, setting a static address is a bit risky.  That's because you have no way to ensure that the router (or its administrator) doesn't use the address you choose.

Message 3 of 4
bjorn
Aspirant

Thanks for your advice.
I managed to change the subnet of my computer to the same net as the Duo. I then used raidar to access the webadministration page. Finally I changed the DHCP to the subnet of my router. Then I restarted my computer and now there was no problem changing the IP-adresses.

I hope this gives some information for others as well.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements