× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need a new Fan

lwarner
Aspirant

Need a new Fan

After about 6 years and multiple cleanings, the Fan in my Infrant ReadyNAS NV is on it's way out. The question is "how do I find the correct replacement fan?"

Data:
ADDA Corp
DC Brushless
Model AD0912HB-A76GL
DC 12v
0.25A

I can find similar from Mouser and Advantech but not the exact model. My fan is a 3 wire with a bump in the red lead which I believe is a resistor, but I am not certain. Since this is the only rotating mechanical part in the box I want to get the same performance.

Any recomendations will be appreciated. It is a great product. The only complaint I have had is it's simply too slow to use the USB backup. I backup through my desktop using Acronis software to an external USB drive. I have two drives which I rotate monthly.

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Need a new Fan

At one time the spare NV/NV+ chassis cooling fan was available from both the Netgear store and Amazon. The Netgear link I have no longer works, but Amazon still shows them in stock. Not a bad price since it's a Netgear replacement. I bought one several months back as well as a spare PSU since those seem to be the major items that go. There is a service action on the fanless PSU (NV rev B) because the components in some of the originals were not up to snuff. However, since mine lasted so long and they are now RMA'ing the units rather than just sending out the PSU, I decided to just get my own spare.
Message 2 of 3
lwarner
Aspirant

Re: Need a new Fan

Thanks for the feedback. Since my post, I went to the fan manufacturer's web site ADDA at http://www.addausa.com/TECHNICAL%20SUPPORT.htm Their distributor Mouser at Mouser.com has the exact model number for $13.85. Should be here Friday so I'll see if it is exact.
Presently I'm dealing with two drives showing increasing bad sector counts. I replaced one yesterday and it is resyncing. Fortunately both are under warranty and I should have the replacements in two days from Seagate. I'm running Seagate ST32000542AS 2TB drives. I hope this isn't an indication of marginal drives. One of the failing drives was new just a month ago. The NAS is 5 years old now and maybe it's time to look at replacements.

Thanks again,
Larry Nuke
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements