× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help on PSU for repair it

_Giro_
Aspirant

Need help on PSU for repair it

Hello to all 🙂
my PSU Seventeam ST-220FBU-05E is burned, I need to know the code on 1 diode under the PCB and the value of 1 resistor for repair it.

Please, there is anyone that tell me which are they?

The diode (D2) is in this photo, it has a yellow band but I need the code on it, if there is...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43vvD2L5VV1QTZCc2FlRUdkNlU/view?usp=sharing

And the resistor burned on the PWM PCB, I need to know how much Ohm is...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43vvD2L5VV1TkEyRDFTODFjbG8/view?usp=sharing

Please, please ...anyone can take a photo of these components?

Thank you very much 🙂
Message 1 of 3
dishmagic66
Guide

Re: Need help on PSU for repair it

This pcb looks likes it has been toasted before..... The repaired tracks as a silent wittness. For the diode, i don't have a clue.
I am answering to this topic coz the numbering next to the sublimated resistor looks like they are referring to a failsafe resistor. The ones who are supposed to burn in case something goes wrong. Maybe you are lucky and the diode was the cause of this and I hope you find the right type.
Another tip from my side. My experience with switching power supplys.... capacitors, capacitors, capacitors. So if you get this thing running again i suggest to replace all secondary capacitors you can find and use high quality 105 degree types, coz they last a lot longer.
Another one... check for bad solderings. The photo shows some very questionable ones, the ones with a ring int the soldering, wich look a lot like cracks.

regards,
Erik
Message 2 of 3
_Giro_
Aspirant

Re: Need help on PSU for repair it

Thank you very much Erik!

The first PCB is not mine, I grabbed the photo from insidegadgets. On my PCB the resistors R6, R7 and diode D2 are burned, I desoldered them. From that photo I see that R6 is 10 ohm and R7 is 5.1 Kohm but .....the diode?? I see only one yellow band, I need one code, one number, something.

The second photo is mine, I desoldered it from the base PCB and I found another burned resistor, but I don't know which is the impedence 😞 ...I think 4.7 kohm (yellow-violet-red-gold), but I'm not shure ...I searched many many time on internet for a schema or similar, but whitout results 😞

I've just desoldered ALL secondary capacitors 😄 and added them to my chart on a e-shop for the order, but I need to know the value of that diode and that resistor.

Can anyone help me?

Again.... Thank you very much!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements