× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 Updated to 6.9.2 - Now no volume detected

mghilardi3
Aspirant

RN104 Updated to 6.9.2 - Now no volume detected

I updated my RN104 to the 6.9.2 last night and now this morning I rebooted the NAS due to 'file locks' and my volume doesn't seem to be recognized at all.

Attempted to downgrade back to 6.9.1 and the shares/volume still does not exist.

Frustration is growing at an exponential rate. 

Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9
mghilardi3
Aspirant

Re: RN104 Updated to 6.9.2 - Now no volume detected

The drives show no errors in the smart logs, the drives appear to mount but I cannot browse. I can SSH in but can't get to the mounted data.

My storage space was very low, but I'm unsure how to get into it now to delete anything or even get the drive to become available. 

Message 2 of 9
mghilardi3
Aspirant

I think my issue might be similar to this.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/HOWTO-FIX-no-volume-missing-superblock-missing-...

But I'm not sure how to proceed.

Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 4 of 9
jlinxx
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Updated a few weeks ago. Worked fine until today. I  had a power outage this morning and today I can access GUI but says no volume. I have 6 disk full of data thinking the raid would save me.. but this I did not expect.

Is it all gone? Please say it is not.

Attaching logs.. I guess I can't attach?

Kind regards // J

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@jlinxx wrote:

Attaching logs.. I guess I can't attach?

No.  We don't want logs posted - there is some information in them that it's best not to publicly post.  If a Netgear mod requests them, you either

• upload them to cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc) and PM them a link.
  • email them to Netgear to the Mod's attention.

@jlinxx wrote:

I have 6 disk full of data thinking the raid would save me.. but this I did not expect.

RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe, the only way to do that is to back the data up to other device(s).

However, that doesn't mean your data is gone.  One option is to try paid support (my.netgear.com).

Message 6 of 9
jlinxx
Aspirant

No.  We don't want logs posted - there is some information in them that it's best not to publicly post.  If a Netgear mod requests them, you either

• upload them to cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc) and PM them a link.
  • email them to Netgear to the Mod's attention.

Got it.

RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe, the only way to do that is to back the data up to other device(s).

Yes, I know. Have a backup but last time I had to wipe the NAS it took many days to get back so I really don't like the idea of wiping yet again if not necessary. But looks like it 😞

One option is to try paid support (my.netgear.com).

Is this possible with a legacy Pro 6. I'm reading a lot on here with people having similar issues with newer NAS:es is this a known problem?

Could the problem be because of the last firmware update? There anything I could try myself before sending this NAS to the trash?

Kind regards // J

Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You should contact support.

Message 8 of 9
jlinxx
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for quick response.
Message 9 of 9