× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN204 Both NIC light up but it wont get a ip address

hammackj
Aspirant

RN204 Both NIC light up but it wont get a ip address

Hi,

I have a RN 204 and when it boots up I can see the /data drive on the LCD etc but the 2 NIC on the back are solid 1 light each and will not get a ip address. Is there a way to restore the OS without deleting data? Or can I move the drives to a new readynas and restore the data? At this point I am looking to restore the data it seems to be functional just networking seems to be borked.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN204 Both NIC light up but it wont get a ip address

Just connect NIC-1, and then install RAIDar 6.5 on a PC.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

It should be able to find the NAS (and report it's IP address) even if DHCP has failed.  Let us know the NAS status, and we can let you know the next step.  Perhaps post a screen shot as a file attachment.  Use the png format at full resolution.

Message 2 of 6
hammackj
Aspirant

Hi,

I have tried that but the app doesn't detected on the network nor does the LCD show an IP. I bought a new readynas and put the drives in it, i am able to boot up with my old config but it cannot seem to read the volume, but it says all 4 disks are green. When I boot up the old one I can see the volume but cannot access it via the network. =\

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@hammackj wrote:

I bought a new readynas and put the drives in it, i am able to boot up with my old config but it cannot seem to read the volume, but it says all 4 disks are green.

What model?

@hammackj wrote:

I have tried that but the app doesn't detected on the network nor does the LCD show an IP.

What LED status are you seeing on the router/switch Lan port?

Also try removing the disks (labeling by slot), and then boot up the NAS.  Does RAIDar see it then?

Message 4 of 6
hammackj
Aspirant

RN 204. The right lights on both NIC turn green the moment I plug power in(doesn't matter if a cable is present). The switch has no lights for the cable in question (new cables tried several). WIth no disks it still wouldn't get a IP.

I was able to get the drives to read and work in the new readynas i bought. I am guessing the networking died in the old one, I am going to try and factory reset it at somepoint and see if it works again. I recovered all my data at this point though.

Thanks for the help.

-Jacob

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@hammackj wrote:

I am guessing the networking died in the old one, 

Sounds like it.  If so, a new NAS was the only option.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements