× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 212 Disconnects Randomly From Samsung TV

RichardCDL
Tutor

ReadyNAS 212 Disconnects Randomly From Samsung TV

I have a ReadyNAS 212 running OS 6.10.3 connected to a number of devices over a gigabit ethernet.  One of the devices is a Samsung Series 6 Smart TV UK43KU6400.  I can navigate to the NAS and play both 1080p and 4k media using the internal Samsung functionality with no issues of video chopping or other data throughput issues.  The problem is.... using the Samsung player the content will run for a finite period (usually 5-25 mins) before the video cuts with the message that the data source is no longer available.  Reselection of the previous media demonstrates that both the NAS and the content IS still accesible.  If I play the same media from a PC (KODI) via the same ethernet over an HDMI connection to the TV the media will play uninterrupted.

The ReadyDLNA setting in the 212 are those suggested elsewhere in this forum.  The NAS functions normally in all other regards.  There are no clues in the system dialogue.  I have tried to attach the system logs zipfile but apparently uploading zipfiles is not permitted ?!?!

Any suggestions?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 212 Disconnects Randomly From Samsung TV

@RichardCDL wrote:

I have tried to attach the system logs zipfile but apparently uploading zipfiles is not permitted ?!?!

Correct, and you shouldn't post them publicly.  What you could do is send a private message to the mods ( @JohnCM_S and @Marc_V ), and ask them to analyze the logs for you.  You'd upload the log zip to cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc), and include download link and a link to this thread in your PM.  You send the PM using the envelope icon at the top right of the forum page.

@RichardCDL wrote:

The problem is.... using the Samsung player the content will run for a finite period (usually 5-25 mins) before the video cuts with the message that the data source is no longer available.  Reselection of the previous media demonstrates that both the NAS and the content IS still accesible. 

Is the TV connected over wifi or ethernet?

One troubleshooting option is to see if plex behaves the same way (either using the dlna server built into plex, or the plex app on the TV).

Message 2 of 6
RichardCDL
Tutor

My network is entirely wired.

Thanks.... I will try the mods.

Message 3 of 6
Mauser69
Tutor

I cannot tell you what might be causing your particular problem, but I did want to say that I am using the ReadyDLNA with my RN214 and a Samsung TV, and my TV has never had a problem playing completely through any movies or other videos on the NAS.  So hopefully someone here can help you identify what is going on with your system.

Message 4 of 6
RichardCDL
Tutor

Is this the best reply that is on offer here?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@RichardCDL wrote:

Is this the best reply that is on offer here?

Not sure what you think the "best reply" is.  I did suggest installing plex, and enabling it's DLNA server (disabling ReadyDLNA) and see if that makes any difference.

It's hard to say if your issue is caused by the TV or by the NAS.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements