× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

MaximG
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

Hello everybody!

I'm happy to inform you that UPS APC 700VA Italian Version (BE700-IT) works correctly with ReadyNAS Duo (other UPS european version are similar).
I think UPS compatibility list should be updated. 😄
Message 101 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

MaximG wrote:
Hello everybody!

I'm happy to inform you that UPS APC 700VA Italian Version (BE700-IT) works correctly with ReadyNAS Duo (other UPS european version are similar).
I think UPS compatibility list should be updated. 😄

It's been added. Thanks!
Message 102 of 450
nvladik
Aspirant

Linksys WRT54GS (Revision 5) works.
Message 103 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

nvladik wrote:
Linksys WRT54GS (Revision 5) works.

Thanks.
Message 104 of 450
_mj
Aspirant
Aspirant

D-Link DGS-2208 (Problems with switch over 10/100, further investigation required)

I've noticed this as well -- had to temporarily connect the NV+ and an old box with files I wanted to move to a 10/100 switch (Linksys BEFSR41 router) and everything was all good. The box can finally be retired so I reconnected the NV+ to my D-Link DGS-2208 switch with the rest of my GbE boxes. I'm still using the 10/100 router together with the D-Link switch with no problems whatsoever, although I haven't tried to access my NV+ from the internet... I'd be willing to assist with any investigation if it would be helpful for others.

I would also like to say that I'm very impressed overall with the NV+ it's a quality product. Props to the Jedi. 🙂
Message 105 of 450
jayseae
Aspirant

Will the ReadyNAS NV+ be supporting the Seagate 1.5TB drives just announced? If so, any idea when, or if an update will be required? Thanks!
Message 106 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

jayseae wrote:
Will the ReadyNAS NV+ be supporting the Seagate 1.5TB drives just announced? If so, any idea when, or if an update will be required? Thanks!

When they are available we will for sure do a drive qualification on them. As it stands right now with the current firmware on the NV+ will not have a problem with the size of this new drive.
Message 107 of 450
jayseae
Aspirant

Han Solo wrote:
When they are available we will for sure do a drive qualification on them. As it stands right now with the current firmware on the NV+ the size of the drive will not be an issue.

Great - thanks for the quick response!
Message 108 of 450
ixpah
Aspirant

Hello, I would like to report that the CyberPower 685AVR UPS works (for the most part) with a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo running RAIDiator 4.01c1-p2. The NAS detects the UPS as a CPS UPS BF700, and the NAS recognizes when the UPS switches to battery and proceeds to shutdown cleanly when the battery level becomes critical (the only thing that matters IMHO). The only bug I have noticed is that the battery level reads 12% when full. I believe this is actually 120%. When using battery power, the battery level drops to about 10% and then is suddenly at 95% or so, leading me to believe the UI is truncating the "120" to "12". The time remaining appears to be accurate despite the battery level bug.
Message 109 of 450
fatboymaximus
Aspirant

I'm happy to announce that the Cyber Power Systems OR500LCDRM1U UPS works with my 1100. It's a nice UPS that's inexpensive and rack mount. It looks pretty good next to my 1100. It's given me no trouble for about two months (and one power failure).

I suspect that the other models in the family will also be supported because they're all using the USB HID UPS standard. Their model numbers look like:

ORXXXXLCDRM1U

Here's a link to the manufacturer's sight:

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/produc ... t-lcd.html

Cheers
./m
Message 110 of 450
Zappes
Aspirant

One for the printer section: Brother HL-1050 laser printer works like a charm.
Message 111 of 450
jmann
Aspirant

I can report that the HP PhotoSmart 7350 printer seems to work fine through the ReadyNAS Duo.

One minor issue is that after a print completes, the printer LCD continues to say "PRINTING" and the light around the print button continues flashing. This does not seem to affect subsequent attempts to print.

For Vista 64-bit, HP instruct you to use the DeskJet 5550 driver provided with Windows.
Message 112 of 450
smartwombat
Aspirant

DLink DGS-1008D

I nearly ordered a DGS-1008D
When I realised what's on the compatibility list is a DGS-108D

Has anyone an experience of the new DGS-1008D desktop switch?
Message 113 of 450
Lichon
Aspirant

D-Link DIR-855 can be added to router/switch.
Message 114 of 450
usagigoya
Aspirant

Seagate's ST3640323AS 640GB hard drives work with 4.1.3.
Message 115 of 450
THA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been getting quotes for 4 x Seagate ST3750640NS Barracuda ES (16MB Cache) 750GB, and have been informed by my IT supplier that the drives now carry a 32MB cache.
Does anyone know if these will continue to be/are compatible?

Thanks
Message 116 of 450
zackiv31
Aspirant

I dunno what makes a router "Compatible"... but my Dlink DGL-4500 Gaming Router works...
Message 117 of 450
contempt1
Aspirant

Han Solo wrote:
jayseae wrote:

When they are available we will for sure do a drive qualification on them. As it stands right now with the current firmware on the NV+ will not have a problem with the size of this new drive.

Haven't seen any response on this. I know that 4.1.4 supports 1.5TB. I was considering upgrading to the Seagate ST31500341AS 1.5TB drives and wanted to confirm compatibility. Given that historically all Seagate 7200.11 AS drives have been supported, I would hope to assume this would be as well.

I'm running out of space and was considering upgrading to the Seagate ST31000340NS 1TB drives. But since 1.5TB drives are out, why not go there. I just wished they offered an ES 1.5TB version now.
Message 118 of 450
Rainbowman
Aspirant

I just received my 1.5TB Seagate ST31500341AS from Newegg and installed it, but it didn't work. I had updated my firmware first to 4.1.4 and rebooted it. I am currently running 4 750GB Seagates in X-Raid.

I received this error message in my log "Disk fail event occurred on SATA channel 1.\n\nIf this disk is used in a redundant volume (RAID level 1, 5, or X-RAID), that volume is unprotected, and an additional disk failure may render that volume dead. You should replace the failed disk as soon as possible. Note that some disks may inadvertantly report failure. If you feel this is the case, rebooting the NAS device will automatically resync the disk to the RAID volume. If you get further failure messages, you should replace the disk immediately.\n\nIf this disk is used in a RAID 0 volume, your volume is now dead as RAID 0 does not provide disk failure protection.\n\n\n[Wed Oct 1 21:09:07 HST 2008]
Oct 1 21:09:14 nas-01-27-BF RAIDiator: Access to the disk on channel (??) is producing I/O errors. Although the array is still redundant, please replace this drive as soon as possible, as it is likely to fail soon.

When this occured, I wasn't able to use Raidar nor Frontview to see the activity on the NAS and I wasn't able to power down the NAS. But, when I pulled the 1.5TB drive out, access to both Raidar and Frontview was accessible again.

Hope there is a fix for this soon or maybe I was doing something wrong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Message 119 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

Rainbowman wrote:
I just received my 1.5TB Seagate ST31500341AS from Newegg and installed it, but it didn't work. I had updated my firmware first to 4.1.4 and rebooted it. I am currently running 4 750GB Seagates in X-Raid.

I received this error message in my log "Disk fail event occurred on SATA channel 1.\n\nIf this disk is used in a redundant volume (RAID level 1, 5, or X-RAID), that volume is unprotected, and an additional disk failure may render that volume dead. You should replace the failed disk as soon as possible. Note that some disks may inadvertantly report failure. If you feel this is the case, rebooting the NAS device will automatically resync the disk to the RAID volume. If you get further failure messages, you should replace the disk immediately.\n\nIf this disk is used in a RAID 0 volume, your volume is now dead as RAID 0 does not provide disk failure protection.\n\n\n[Wed Oct 1 21:09:07 HST 2008]
Oct 1 21:09:14 nas-01-27-BF RAIDiator: Access to the disk on channel (??) is producing I/O errors. Although the array is still redundant, please replace this drive as soon as possible, as it is likely to fail soon.

When this occured, I wasn't able to use Raidar nor Frontview to see the activity on the NAS and I wasn't able to power down the NAS. But, when I pulled the 1.5TB drive out, access to both Raidar and Frontview was accessible again.

Hope there is a fix for this soon or maybe I was doing something wrong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Rainbowman,

Support for the Seagate 1.5TB drives is in the latest release (4.1.4) that it looks like you downloaded already. The problem you are reporting looks like it could actually be a bad drive. What I would recommend is to use Seatools on the drive to verify if the drive is OK or not. If you are unfamiliar with Seatools please let me know and I will help you out.
Message 120 of 450
Rainbowman
Aspirant

Hi Han Solo,

That will be great if you could let me know how to use Seatools that is on the drive. Thanks.
Message 121 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

Rainbowman wrote:
Hi Han Solo,

That will be great if you could let me know how to use Seatools that is on the drive. Thanks.

In the following link you will be able to download Seatools as well as look a at a tutorial that Seagate has on how to use Seatools.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools

Try that out and let me know how it goes.
Message 122 of 450
Rainbowman
Aspirant

I just tried to connect to one of my computers and ran SeaTools. The first drive failed, but when I tried the 2nd & 3rd drive, my computer got the blue screen error and crashed. Not sure if the mobo couldn't handle the drives because they are SATA2. I didn't even attempt to try the 4th drive. I am returning all 4 to Newegg and exchanging them and will give them another try in the NAS NV+.

By the way, is there an USB2.0 external enclosure that can handle the Seagate 1.5TB SATA2 out there, so I could at least use it to test the drives?

Thanks for the suggestion earlier.
Message 123 of 450
bousman
Aspirant

I am using the ReadyNAS DUO on my home network with a D-Link DIR-655 gigabit router and it's working great. (Only had it a couple weeks now.)
Message 124 of 450
gooseguy
Aspirant

I have recently purchased the NV+, and am now looking for a USB drive to use to back it up. But the hardware compatibility list seems to only show units going up to about 250 GB.

Are there are larger units that are known to be compatible (I'm looking in the 750GB to 1 TB size)?
Message 125 of 450
Top Contributors
Announcements