× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

johlar
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

Hi.
I am using Western Digital WD10EADS-00L5B1 1TB disk in my ReadyNas Duo and it works fine.
I have had no problems with it, and the temperature is "normal".
Tought you should know so you can add this to the compatibility list;)
Message 201 of 450
DaveT1
Aspirant

I am using 4 x Samsung 1TB F3 HD103SJ disks in ReadyNas Pro Pioneer for 3 weeks and no problems so far.
Message 202 of 450
tiktok
Aspirant

Using a WAG320N Gigabit router and ADSL modem with my Duo and all is working extremely well. I was using a BT Voyager 2110, that was not working at all well, any form of backup activity caused the NAS to fall off the network.

Ian
Message 203 of 450
enkrypt3d
Tutor

Just wanted to let u know my ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer is working great w/ 4 x 1TB WD a Netgear GS108T (it worked well w/ the GS108 but that switch didn't support LACP so I upgraded to the GS108T and am very happy)

Also w/ these drives w/ no problems:

RAID Disks:
Ch 1 : WDC WD10EADS-00P8B0 [931 GB] 927 GB allocated
Ch 2 : WDC WD10EADS-65M2B0 [931 GB] 927 GB allocated
Ch 3 : WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 [931 GB] 927 GB allocated
Ch 4 : WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 [931 GB] 927 GB allocated

One question, will this memory work in my NVX?

4GB stick:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820148288

or 2GB stick:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820148162

Also what is the maximum ram that can go in the NVX? This info wasn't on the FAQ or the HCL.. Thanks!
Message 204 of 450
enkrypt3d
Tutor

anyone? Bueler? why is it that when I ask a question thats no where in the forums, HCL or in the FAQ, no one replies..... 😐
Message 205 of 450
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I think the NVX has one memory slot and supports up to 2GB RAM (not sure about this). It uses different memory to the Pro. As there is no HCL for NVX RAM, I'd take a look at the Community HCL. Look for specific mentions of the NVX as most of the RAM in the Community HCL will be for different ReadyNas.
Message 206 of 450
enkrypt3d
Tutor

mdgm wrote:
I think the NVX has one memory slot and supports up to 2GB RAM (not sure about this). It uses different memory to the Pro. As there is no HCL for NVX RAM, I'd take a look at the Community HCL. Look for specific mentions of the NVX as most of the RAM in the Community HCL will be for different ReadyNas.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas/nas- ... x-reviewed

based on this URL (this was the only thing I could find anywhere) it says it supports up to 4GB is this true? I haven't found anything on the NVX in the community HCL either..... weird.
Message 207 of 450
JefferyS
Aspirant

Just wanted to let everyone know that the WD Caviar Black 1tb WD1001FALS drives don't work in the ReadyNAS Duo with version 4.1.6 firmware. I saw posts of people having success with these drives but it seams that there using the 4.1.4 or lower firmware.

I'm seriously disappointed in WD. I've been using WD drives for a very long time and having to spend $60 or more per drive just to get drives that work in a raid configuration is just stupid. I don't need enterprise level drives in my Duo nor my desktop. That's probably why there are more Seagate drives on the compatibility list. I guess i'll have to start using Seagate or other drives.

JefferyS
Message 208 of 450
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

enkrypt3d wrote:
it says it supports up to 4GB is this true? I haven't found anything on the NVX in the community HCL either..... weird.

I think I was wrong about the 2GB. I think it is 4GB, based on your post elsewhere, but only one memory slot. I don't think using 4GB RAM is going to make too much difference over 2GB or maybe even 1GB RAM on a NVX.
Message 209 of 450
thehyecircus
Aspirant

As someone who JUST got their ReadyNAS Duo today, this compatibility list is horrid. Most of the drives on here are from 2007, and I am trying to find drives at my local Best Buy to avoid having to ship them (as I have been told that can lead to drive failures).

The problem is, very few drives are at Best Buy, and zero of them are the ones I am looking for. I am sure, if it was updated more frequently, more drives available for purchase now would be available. As it stands, I think I am going to have to take the hour drive to MicroCenter.
Message 210 of 450
enkrypt3d
Tutor

thehyecircus wrote:
As someone who JUST got their ReadyNAS Duo today, this compatibility list is horrid. Most of the drives on here are from 2007, and I am trying to find drives at my local Best Buy to avoid having to ship them (as I have been told that can lead to drive failures).

The problem is, very few drives are at Best Buy, and zero of them are the ones I am looking for. I am sure, if it was updated more frequently, more drives available for purchase now would be available. As it stands, I think I am going to have to take the hour drive to MicroCenter.

best bet is to look at the community hardware compatibility list and buy your hard drives online... easy as pie... and no dont worry about shipping - Ive always bought my hard drives online and never had a problem. Most vendors pack the hard drives real well so even if dropped it wont affect the contents of the package.
Message 211 of 450
GlobalMind
Aspirant

johlar wrote:
Hi.
I am using Western Digital WD10EADS-00L5B1 1TB disk in my ReadyNas Duo and it works fine.
I have had no problems with it, and the temperature is "normal".
Tought you should know so you can add this to the compatibility list;)

What code level on the Duo are you running?
Message 212 of 450
trukli58
Aspirant

Hello

Thanks for the compatibility list. But regarding printers it is pretty poor... I have an HP Laserjet 1018 - it works only if i first plug it in directly to the USB Port of the PC (Windows XP). When i turn off the power of the printer it is still recognized from my ReadyNas Duo and PC, but no chance to print, nothing happens, no error message - nothing. Plug the printer directly to the USB port of the PC again, make a testprint, replug it again on ReadyNas (leaving power of printer on!) - works again.

With my new Samsung CLP-315 everything works fine.

I intend to buy a new black/white laser printer but this compatibility list does not really help me a lot. I have found an interesting compatibility list for the Fritz!Box printserver on http://www.wehavemorefun.de/fritzbox/Drucker. For my HP 1018 exactly the same incompatibility issue is described, so i wonder how far this list could be used for the ReadyNas. Anyway. I have started a support request and the answer was to post here in the forum my whish for an actual and significant printer compatibility list. I think that the Fritz!Box list could act as reference...

regards //kurt
Message 213 of 450
Retired_Member
Not applicable

How come the ReadyNas X6 is no longer on the list? We were some of the original users of this device and now we are taken off the compatibility list? http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=82

Please explain!
Message 214 of 450
chirpa
Luminary

If it works in the NV, it will work in the X6/600.
Message 215 of 450
schalliol
Aspirant

I was thinking about buying some 2TB Seagate Constellation ST32000644NS drives. I currently have and have been happy with the Barracuda ES 750s in my NV+, and for 2TB drives, the model I've listed above seems to be the "replacement" model. I see that they are listed as compatible on the ReadyNAS NVX and Pro models, but they are not listed for the NV+. Does anyone know why they might not work in the NV+ or whether they just have not been tested and should likely work? If they were listed, they would be the only 64MB cache and Anti-vibrational 2TB drive with a 5 year warranty.

Thanks!
Message 216 of 450
jdh500
Aspirant

Just take a chance and install some of the drives not on the list that other have had success with anyway. Surely anything that is critically importance you backup on a seperate portable USB drive ? I currently have an NVX with 4 x 1.5TB Samsung drives and a Duo with 2 x 1TB drives in Raid 1 for backup and I use a couple of original 500Gb Seagate drives that came with each NAS as USB backup.

I've been using Samsung drives ie, 1TB and then 1.5TB eco drives over the last 2 years without a problem, I had a problem with one of the original Seagate drives that Netgear included with the Duo.

JDH.

thehyecircus wrote:

Message 217 of 450
schalliol
Aspirant

Thanks for the message. I actually did buy one anyway, but I am going to use it for another purpose (mobile backup) for a while. My plan is to wait until the price drops and buy 2 more (eventually total of 4) to put in the NAS.
Message 218 of 450
ernie29
Aspirant

Netgear WGT634U Compatibility

Any reason why my Netgear WGT634U router would not be compatible with the ReadyNAS device? I realise it is not on the compatibility list, but only 11 Netgear switches or routers are on the list, so I assume that more will be compatible. Keen to know before buying one.
Message 219 of 450
Persson
Aspirant

Well thought that I would add to the now 2 year old inaccuracy of the HCL list.
the APC CS 500 is reported as incompatible with a NVX by a user mash .

Today tested my APC CS-500 after having received the P10C10 to USB cable part number 940-0127E FCI
NVX with RAIDiator 4.2.11
- The log did not detect the connection of the UPS via the cable (the only problem)
- the Green indication litt up
- hovering the mouse over the light gave status information " APC CS-500 , 100% , 51 min"
- health information showed the same information
- Janking the power cable, caused a log entry, a display alert and a email message to be sent with on "battery power"
- followed the battery level sink for 15 min on the NVX admin interface.
- reconnected, another log entry "on line power", alert on "web display" and an email sent that power is ok.
(The log entry "power ok" is indicated with a flashing yellow light which you might argue is wrong it ought to be a green steady....)

only thing not tested is that the NVX initialises a shutdown at low battery, will do that a bit later.

So....searching through the forum, one user says that a firmware update a couple of years ago sorted this Cs 500 problem....
i would agree with that....
Message 220 of 450
cuccureddu
Aspirant

I also wanted to report that the APC Back-ups CS 500 is compatible.

In my case, I have a ReadyNAS Duo. I am running the latest version of RAIDiator (4.1.6)

At first I thought the device was not compatible, as it took a while to detect it (or at least, for it to show up in Frontview). However, after 15 minutes or so, the UPS indicator in Frontview turned green, and Frontview displays "APC Back-UPS 500, Battery charge: 100%, 43 minutes" in the status page. I also tried disconnecting the power and the RND correctly detects this sends me alerts for when the UPS is on battery and then again when it's back on mains power.

The current hardware compatibility list shows it's not compatible, so I suggest it's changed to reflect my experience and that of the post before me, given that it seems to work both with RND and with NVX.

Thanks,

Rob
Message 221 of 450
InterClaw
Aspirant

I'm not sure of the process guys, but I think the Jedis need to test the hardware themselves before it can be put on the HCL. When something makes the list Netgear pretty much guarantees it will work for you. That's a tough statement to make based on the input of a few users.

Don't get me wrong, your input is very valuable, but I wouldn't expect updates to the list based on it alone.

Just my two cents... 🙂
Message 222 of 450
kcrossley
Aspirant

thehyecircus wrote:
As someone who JUST got their ReadyNAS Duo today, this compatibility list is horrid.

I'd have to agree. The list seems pretty dated. None of the newer drives, especially those with 64MB caches, are on the list. I'm interested in four WD1002FAEX or a HD31000IDK/7K for my NV+, but neither are listed.

What's up Netgear? When will the HCL be updated?
Message 223 of 450
cuccureddu
Aspirant

InterClaw wrote:
I'm not sure of the process guys, but I think the Jedis need to test the hardware themselves before it can be put on the HCL. When something makes the list Netgear pretty much guarantees it will work for you. That's a tough statement to make based on the input of a few users.

Don't get me wrong, your input is very valuable, but I wouldn't expect updates to the list based on it alone.

Just my two cents... 🙂

Well, the note about the Back-ups CS 500 not being compatible says "reported by mash". Is mash a Jedi who tested the unit or just another user who posted?
Message 224 of 450
InterClaw
Aspirant

cuccureddu wrote:
Well, the note about the Back-ups CS 500 not being compatible says "reported by mash". Is mash a Jedi who tested the unit or just another user who posted?

I don't remember a character from Star Wars called mash, but what do I know. :wink: Perhaps user input could class something incompatible, but Jedis need to class it as compatible? Moderators here are at the top. Maybe they need to answer your question fully.
Message 225 of 450
Top Contributors
Announcements