× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo HDD replacement

Abernus1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo HDD replacement

Hi all,

I have been using my ReadyNas Duo V2. This has been running for a while with 2 WD WD10EARS 1.0Tb drives. However one of the drives started showing a large number of errors so I have powered it down and removed the drive. As both drives were set up as Mirrored I want to replace the broken drive before I turm it back on.

I am having a problem finding the same HDD to replace with and the HCL seems to be a little outdated for the 1.0Tb drives. So I was thinking of buying one of the following WD drives:
    WD10EZRX

WD10EZEX

Can anyone tell me if either of these drives will work with my current WD10EARS drive in mirror configuration?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo HDD replacement

If I were shifting off the HCL I'd get a WD10EFRX.
Message 2 of 6
Abernus1
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, the HDD you have suggested is only £10 more than the others so wont break the bank.
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Abernus wrote:
Thanks for the info, the HDD you have suggested is only £10 more than the others so wont break the bank.
It also has a 3 year warranty, while the others only have 1 year.
Message 4 of 6
hillclimber57
Aspirant

Do you happen to know if these drives you recommend also work OK in a ReadyNas Duo RND2000-100N?

thanks
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

The WD20EFRX certainly does work, I am running one in my duo V1.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements