× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo Wont Connect Via Raidar

crslnd
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo Wont Connect Via Raidar

I have been looking through the posts and searching for a similar problem, but I am not finding a solution. I can see my Duo in Raidar, but Raidar cannot connect to it. It just times out when it attempts to connect the server address; I get two errors when I trouble shoot; one says 'check the spelling of the name of the device your connecting to' or network connection error. I have another duo which that is functioning flawlessly right next to it. Thanks for for you assistance!
Message 1 of 7
crslnd
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo Wont Connect Via Raidar

Installed a new wireless router (netgear n600)and now the router is not seeing Duo; I have tried switching cables, 'pinging' it, rebooting the router. Raidar 'sees' the device, but cannot connect. Using Raidar 4.3.4....any direction or tests to run would be greatly appreciated
Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Was the Duo configured to use a static address or DHCP?
Message 3 of 7
crslnd
Aspirant

static address; wireless is set up static also
Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Ok. What IP address does RAIDar show?

Did the IP address range change with the new router?

What happens if you enter https:/nasip/admin manually in your browser address bar?

Two other things you can try: (a) a direct connect procedure, setting the PC with a manual address on the same subnet as the NAS (b) reinstalling the old router, and see if the connectivity is restored.
Message 5 of 7
crslnd
Aspirant

Yes, the IP address range changed (i think); older router died and have not been able to resurrect.

Would you elaborate on option (a) plug ethernet cable from NAS into computer then where do I change the range of my computer's IP address?

Thanks for your help!
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements