× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas NV+. No response, will not power off. Help

Doogz
Aspirant

ReadyNas NV+. No response, will not power off. Help

Hello,
I have an NV+. Everything was working a few months ago. I could access via readynas remote with no problem. I work away from home quite a bit & while on last trip I could no longer connect. I arrived home & tried to access via frontview, Raidar could not find. I tried another PC & again raidar could not find. THe NV+ is powered on, I pressed power button on NV+ to see IP address & nothing on the screen, I tried to power off using the NV+ power button & it will not power down....I pressed button & held for 30 seconds or so & still nothing. I don't particularly want to just pull the plug unless it is a last resort. I would like to understand why the unit is behaving like this & is there anything I can do to recover before pulling the plug. Any hel appreciated. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
Doogz
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas NV+. No response, will not power off. Help

I have just had a thought, I have a UPS connected so if I unplug the power to the UPS the NV+ should shut down after the UPS power dies....the only problem with that is that the UPS will alarm at regular intervals to draw attention to the fact it is on battery power. Would still like some help as to why this has happened. I am travelling again tomorrow so will have to wait until I get home in a few weeks (I dont want to hear the UPS alarm all through the night).
Message 2 of 3
Doogz
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas NV+. No response, will not power off. Help

Hmmm... returned home, read the manual & seen that it is OK to pull the plug if unit is non responsive with power button. Re-booted & re-installed OS as per manual. Everything seems to be working fine. Just in case anyone esle has the same problem read the manual 8-)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements