× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas X6 in Perpetual Reboot --(Won't Boot to Frontview)

Mattman770
Aspirant

ReadyNas X6 in Perpetual Reboot --(Won't Boot to Frontview)

Recently we couldn't access our very important company ReadyNas X6 with 4TB to 2.6 XRAID (I think). I now realize it isn't booting up, not showing in RAIDar, and is in a perpetual reboot. After a frustrating paid tech support call (rep didn't know the model doesn't have an LED screen) they led me to what I was already planning to do, a full scan on all of the discs. After scanning all the discs, #4 failed the test. I assume I have more than one problem here because I assume it should still boot up without that fourth disc but does not. I also tried taking the battery out, but I don't think we've been doing scheduled reboots.

1. Can I run the DOS Seatools and fix the bad sectors or will that mess up the XRAID and kill all my data?

2. I found another post (below) that had a similar problem and he told me he thought is was the motherboard that died and just got his data off using a Linux box. If my box is dead I would greatly appreciate help getting the data off as it would be disastrous for my business if I lost it. Yes, I will have a better solution in the future.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54332
Message 1 of 4
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: ReadyNas X6 in Perpetual Reboot --(Won't Boot to Frontv

Calling support will be the best option at this point.
Message 2 of 4
Mattman770
Aspirant

Anyone know the best support number or people to call. I think my first try was not Business support. Either way I'll have to pay.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

http://www.ReadyNAS.com/support

Instructions for using the boot menu are in the FAQ
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation