× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 202 and recommended UPS?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Readynas 202 and recommended UPS?

I am to buy two Readynas 202 and I want a ups to them. I prefered APC of some reason 😉

Wich is working best for 202?

I have an old ReadyNas Duo before and the APC ups communicate through serial/usb. But what I read about the new 202, it communicate throiugh LAN and SNMP? So the ups to ReadyNas 202 should have a RJ-45 and so on? Right?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 202 and recommended UPS?

Hi bruse,

Check this ReadyNAS UPS community board to search which UPS was tested and will work perfectly with your system. Also, here's a helpful article you can look at in setting up a UPS with an OS 6 system.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Serial ports on UPS are not supported by any ReadyNAS.

USB (must not be serial to USB) is supported on current ReadyNAS in addition to the other option you mentioned.

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

(Sorry, on my old Duo it's more RJ-11 on the APC to USB on the Duo.)

Whatever, my main question is about ReadyNAs 202. So I can connect USB on ups to USB on ReadyNas 202, or SNMP through LAN?

Any ups to recomend? APC?

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes.

You may find you can use the same UPS you are using now. Best not to load the UPS by more than 80% (otherwise the battery will drain too quickly shortening its life). You can connect your router/switch and both NAS units to the UPS, hookup the USB to one NAS and share the UPS over your network to the other NAS.

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks!

Any modell of APC you can recomend? Or some modell i DONT should buy?

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Most should work (as I mentioned above we don't support UPS units that require the use of a serial-to-usb cable). You could make use of the APC runtime calculator to find one that suits your needs and search the community to see if others have posted about that model UPS.

Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bruse,

Check this ReadyNAS UPS community board to search which UPS was tested and will work perfectly with your system. Also, here's a helpful article you can look at in setting up a UPS with an OS 6 system.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements