× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo RND200 v2, firmware V4.1.6

ob600
Aspirant

Readynas Duo RND200 v2, firmware V4.1.6

Hi - I cannot access my ReadyNAS via the admin page. I've followed the steps to reinstall the OS and that should have reset the password to sign in to the admin page (admin, password). It still doesn't let me log in. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I am on a Macbook Pro running OS Ventura 13.6.4. I can still use it as a network drive but I have utterly no way to get to the admin page. To reinstall the OS I followed the instructions on the Netgear page - restart with the reset button depressed until the two LED lights illuminate after about 5 seconds and then release the reset. Next step would a a complete factory reset (I'd remove the drives) but I do not know if that will prevent me accessing the drives afterwards. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Readynas Duo RND200 v2, firmware V4.1.6

If your NAS runs V4.1.6, it's not a V2, it's a V1.  Netgear used a "v2" and even "v3" designation on a sticker for original (we call them V1 here)  that had minor hardware changes.  Then, they later released the V2, which is an entirely different architecture running a different version OS.  With your V1, the default password is netgear1, not password.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

If your NAS runs V4.1.6, it's not a V2, it's a V1.  Netgear used a "v2" and even "v3" designation on a sticker for original (we call them V1 here)  that had minor hardware changes.  Then, they later released the V2, which is an entirely different architecture running a different version OS.  With your V1, the default password is netgear1, not password.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Also, you will need to use Firefox, and set security.tls.version.min to 1 (browse to about:config and search for the setting).

Message 3 of 4
ob600
Aspirant

Thank you sooooo much. It's been driving me nuts.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements