× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas cannot connect to Mac Pro - help me, please !!!!

Bjornels
Aspirant

Readynas cannot connect to Mac Pro - help me, please !!!!

Hi. 

First post here. I use this Nas already 6 years without any problems. Last month I could not get a connection to my Nas anymore. I am using a Mac Pro with mojave (10.14.6).  I tried to reinstall the firmware to erease all the problems there, but no go.  

The strange thing is that I can see my NAS in finder - my appleTV can find it and can play movie files from the NAS. I tried all the default combinations I could find on the net https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/netgear/readynas-nv-rnd4000/760/, but no acces to the admin page or the Shares.  Also other computers older macbooks with 10.6.8 or windows 10 laptops doesn't get acces. On the server there are 20 years of family pohoto's on it - so a total reset is a "no go".

Can someone help me.  What iam I dowing wrong?  

Thanks in advance.

Pic of RAIDAR - accessing the server through finder and then no acces anymore. 

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-03 om 20.44.06.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-11-03 om 20.43.12.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-11-03 om 20.43.00.png

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas cannot connect to Mac Pro - help me, please !!!!

You have an RND4000 v1, not a v2.  The v2 runs 5.3.x firmware, not 4.1.x.  The labeling on the original NV+ is confusing, so a lot of people do make that mistake.

What happens when you browse to https://192.168.1.51/admin ?

If you can reach the admin page, then one option is to enable FTP as a file sharing protocol.  You could then use an FTP client (Filezilla is one) to offload your files to a backup.

Message 2 of 6
Bjornels
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the quick replay. When i try to connect to the nas admin page or other page I get this image cannot connect to server.  

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-04 om 20.08.36.png

Model: RND4000v2 (ReadyNAS NV+ v2)|READYNAS NV+ v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

RAIDar said the NAS IP was 192.168.1.51.  Your Safari screenshot says you were browsing to 192.168.1.11.

Did the IP address change, or did you accidently browse to the wrong IP address?

Message 4 of 6
Bjornels
Aspirant

Hi.  

this is because thé factor settings is set up a changent IP adress.  Uptained thé webpage throughout raider.  

greetings 

Björn. 

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Did you try accessing the shares with CIFS as well as AFP?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements