× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recieving an error message when trying to register my product

Glopnose
Aspirant

Recieving an error message when trying to register my product

When I try to register my product I receive the this error message.  "Error: Something went wrong! Please try again "  Tried three different machines, two different browsers.  Please help I can't use the desktop app without registration. 

BTW, the support experience from Netgear is horrible.  I tried to get support and the website needs a registered product to get support.  So I tried the 'No Serial Number' option and it came back and told me that my free support expired.  With a expiration date of 2019-05-23.  Which is just under 3 month in the future.  If you know anyone in Netgear support please give them this feedback or give them my email address.  Happy to talk to them.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: Recieving an error message when trying to register my product

Try emailing customer.service@netgear.com

Message 2 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Glopnose,

Welcome to the Community!

You may also PM me the email address and the S/N of the NAS so we can check this issue.

Regards,

Message 3 of 9
Glopnose
Aspirant

Thanks John;

The serial number of the device is <redacted>.  The device itself does not have an email address so I'm not sure what you are looking for there.

Mark

Message 4 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Glopnose wrote:

The device itself does not have an email address so I'm not sure what you are looking for there.

He wants the email address that you are using to register the NAS, as that is the username of the account on my.netgear.com.  Send it via Private Message (PM) don't post it publicly.   Click on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of the forum page.

Message 5 of 9
tkeithh
Aspirant

Tried that email but it doesnt work

Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@tkeithh wrote:

Tried that email but it doesnt work

Understood, but still send it as a PM to the mods - there are things they can check on the Netgear side if they have it.

Message 7 of 9
Glopnose
Aspirant

Hey folks;

Sorry to not reply for so long.  I gave up.  This was the singularly worse user experience I've ever had with a computing device and I work at Microsoft.  Go buy a Western Digital NAS and compare the experience.  I think you'll be amazed. 

Way too much protecting Netgear (although I don't know why, it's a NAS not an HSM) and too many hoops to jump through.  I didn't want to store anything to the cloud and didn't want to manage it through the Internet so I had a pretty simple install and was never able get my files backed up because I couldn't confirm to the software that I had the right to use the device.

I'm going to fill it with cement and use it as a boat anchor.

Mark

Message 8 of 9
tkeithh
Aspirant

Looks to be sorted- thanks

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation