× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rn10200

Tomsuhr
Aspirant

Rn10200

Hi dear all.
Tried to post earlier - and didn’t have any email confirmation so trying again.

Got this alert:
System volume root's usage is 95%. This condition should not occur under normal conditions. Contact technical support.

When using RAIDar it tells me:
* Volume root is 100.00% full
* /var is consuming 3268mb

I’m new to this and overall a rookie NOVICE so if anyone can assist please let’s start from scratch:-)

Many thanks

Tom
Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Rn10200

What firmware are you using?  

Also what apps have you installed?

If you are using AntiVirus, then you should disable it.

It is possible to solve this issue yourself (at your own risk) if you are familiar with linux shell commands.

If you aren't, it is safer to use paid support (my.netgear.com).

One brute-force but free option is to do a factory default (which will destroy all the data on your NAS), and then reconfigure the NAS and restore your data from backup.

Either way, you should immediately back up the data on your NAS (perhaps to USB drives).  Your issue often results in the NAS becoming completely unresponsive, and sometimes there is damage to the configuration files on the OS partition if it gets completely full.  Though support is usually able to fix this remotely, it is still important to have a current backup.  RAID alone isn't enough to keep your data safe.

Message 2 of 3
Tomsuhr
Aspirant

Re: Rn10200

Hi Stephen.

Many thanks prompt reply.

Firmware: 6.9.2
Antivirus disabled.
No apps.

Unfortunately I’m in familiar with linux shell commands so I better use paid support as you suggest.

Many thanks Stephen.

Tom
Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements