× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Saving files from iCloud to Readynas R31400

Kstaylor
Aspirant

Saving files from iCloud to Readynas R31400

I am hoping someone can advise me please. I have a new iPad Pro and can connect to the NAS R31400 and read files but I am getting an error when I try to save or copy a file from iCLoud to the NAS. 

If I try to copy the Error is ‘The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100093)’ 

If I try to save the error is ‘The operation couldn’t be completed. Attribute not found’

I have spoken with Apple and they think that I might need to change a setting on the NAS to accept the files from the iPad. 

Does anyone know how to solve this?

thanks

Message 1 of 15
schumaku
Guru

Re: Saving files from iCloud to Readynas R31400

@Kstaylor wrote:

I have a new iPad Pro and can connect to the NAS R31400 and read files but I am getting an error when I try to save or copy a file from iCLoud to the NAS. 

For the non-informed reader: How do you connect from the iPad Pro to the ReadyNAS 314 share(d) folder?

Connecting as a registered user (with username nd password), and are the access rights set for this user accordingly?

Message 2 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

Hi, yes I logged into the nas using my registered user and password.

I can read a file from the nas but can’t save, share or copy a file to the nas from my iPad pro
Message 3 of 15
schumaku
Guru

Is it possible you need to be invited or allowed to access (read or work on) before you are able to download or copy anything?

The people you invite can download the shared items from iCloud to any of their devices, where they can view them and — depending on the privileges you set — collaborate.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/mchl91854a7a/mac
Message 4 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Kstaylor wrote:

I can read a file from the nas but can’t save, share or copy a file to the nas from my iPad pro

Is this only with files stored in iCloud?  or are you talking about files stored directly on the iPad?

If the latter, then it sounds like a permission problem on the NAS share.

When you say "registered user"- do you mean a local NAS user account?

Are you using ReadyCloud?  (If so, you need to shift off that quickly, as Netgear is about to take it down).

Message 5 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

Hi, I created a pdf file from an email and saved it to iCloud. I also tried to save it the NAS but it gave me an error. I then tried to copy the pdf to the NAS and it gave me error 100093. Please see attachment.

I am logged onto the NAS as the local registered user.

Thanks for the tip about Readycloud I did see that. Any advice on an alternative?

Thanks
Message 6 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

Sorry can’t attach the screenshot but the error message is ‘ the operation can’t be completed because of an unexpected error ( error code 10093)’
Message 7 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

Thank you for this suggestion. I will give it a try tonight and report back!!

Thank you
Message 8 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

Hi - I tried sharing a file but no luck. 

Any other suggestions?

thanks

Message 9 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Kstaylor wrote:

Hi - I tried sharing a file but no luck. 

Any other suggestions?

Do you mean copying a file to the NAS share?

Have you tried also copying a file from a PC (Windows or Mac) using the same user/password credentials?

There is a reset control on the file permissions tab of the share settings that you could try. 

Also, in the files app ("connect to server", are you using the smb:// prefix? 

• smb://nas-ip-address (using the real IP address) or
  • smb//nas-name (using the real NAS hostname)
Message 10 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

Hi 

Yes, copying a file to the NAS share folder

I do still have a windows laptop and I am used to copying files from that laptop to the NAS without issues and can still do this. I was told I would be able to do the same functions re a NAS but am now struggling. 

How would I do this reset? 

I have to admit I am new to using an IPad for this sort of stuff. I need more help re smb

thanks

Message 11 of 15
StephenB
Guru

FWIW, I am seeing a similar error with my RN102, but not my main NAS (which is an RN526).  Not sure what is going on with it, I'll need to poke deeper.

Message 12 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

FWIW, I am seeing a similar error with my RN102, but not my main NAS (which is an RN526).  Not sure what is going on with it, I'll need to poke deeper.

@Kstaylor - try going into system->services->SMB in the NAS admin ui, and check the box next to "Enhance MacOS".  That resolved the issue on my RN102.

Message 13 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

thanks for the suggestion. I did manage to get to the page where I could tick the 'Enable MacOS' box but it would not save - produced another error 'Invalid SSL key host'. 

Message 14 of 15
Kstaylor
Aspirant

thanks again for your advice - I have given up!

Returned the Ipad and have ordered a Windows laptop!

I don't think there was an issue with the Ipad, more likely the NAS but I just don't have the time to keep trying to fix it. I know the NAS will be fine with the Windows laptop. 

Thanks everyone

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements